Removing YOUMAIL.COM from my Eris
hoosey

I downloaded this visual voice mail app named youmail.com and it was taking over all  of my voice mail so I logged into the account via the laptop to remove it and did, but still can not access my own voice mail. How do I get it back to my verizon VM?? Help...this app is no longer on my phone...i think...but its still controling my vm!

0 Likes
Re: Removing YOUMAIL.COM from my Eris
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I would open the Market, press menu, then downloads. Scroll to the app, select it and hit uninstall.

Once that is done, go to Settings > Call. Under voicemail service verify "my carrier" is selected. Then select Voicemail settings. Verify *86 is set as the Voicemail number. If not, select "voicemail number" and change it to *86.

Hopefully that will get you back to the settings for standard voicemail system with Verizon.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Removing YOUMAIL.COM from my Eris
m4ryv

Go into the settings in your phone, find "call settings" and there you will be able to control your voicemail settings.  I use Google Voice and this is where I access it from my Incredible.  I used to have an Eris and the settings menu is very similar so try that.

0 Likes