Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Replacement phone - getting back my purchased apps?
TrueBlue2282

Can anyone tell me how to reinstall the apps I purchased on my first Droid to the new, replacement Droid I just got?   The guy in Customer Service rambled off the process to me yesterday over the phone but I can't figure out how to do it.  

0 Likes
Re: Replacement phone - getting back my purchased apps?
Ann154
Expert
Expert
Purchased applications are tied to the Google account you had used on the old phone. As long as you sign into the new phone with the same account, the purchased Apps will be listed as "Purchased" in the downloads area of your Market application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Leader
Leader

Also, now that the droid is on 2.2, your apps, on their market page, have an option at the top to automatically update.  If this box is checked, when you get a new phone, once you sign in with your google acct., your apps will automatically download.

0 Likes
nmjohnson1981

where is this auto download button cause the chick at verizon wiped my phone and i had pictures for court saved in vaulty free and i am hoping that if it auto downloads i wont loose them

0 Likes