Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rookie User Question - Upgrade
MsMayo

It's time for an upgrade and I am looking for a phone to use with some basic apps, ( shopping, travel, e-mail) The Blackberry & Androids seem way out of my league. How do I know which phones have access to what apps ? Any suggestions

Are Apps available on Samsung Reality ?

0 Likes
Re: Rookie User Question - Upgrade
TheGreatOne

MsMayo wrote:

It's time for an upgrade and I am looking for a phone to use with some basic apps, ( shopping, travel, e-mail) The Blackberry & Androids seem way out of my league. How do I know which phones have access to what apps ? Any suggestions

Are Apps available on Samsung Reality ?

In the android market there are pretty much any apps available to suit you. Yes there are travel apps,shopping apps and even a built in email app. You can look at apps that are available in the market HERE. As for the Samsung Reality phone,yes there are apps for that phone. From verizon you'll have to pay for each of those apps. Sometimes it is even a subscription fee involved.

I'd say get a nice android phone. You'll get your money's worth there.

0 Likes
fezzik
Novice

Androlib.com is a great resource for checking out the Android market.  You can search apps read basic info about them stuff like that.  The Android website just gives a basic overview of the most popular ones.  Of the 80,000 apps available for Android the website may highlight 200 of them give or take. 

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/ is the official website to check out the 8423 Blackberry apps available. 

I love my Android phones and don't like using Blackberry phones much at all.  My wife is the opposite.  Loves her blackberry and hates using my Android phone.  Personal preference really. 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

not familiar with the samsung reality. however, if it is a vzn "media" phone then you will be VERY disappointed in the apps. i got an env touch last year....when vzn was marketing it as the "app friendly phone." HA!!! vzn only has a handful of apps available for non "smart phones." the only useful ones have subscriptions tied to them. so by the time you pay the $10 data (required for media phones) and 2 or 3 $5 or $10 subscriptions to the only few useful apps, you may as well get a smart phone and pay $30 for the data and all the access to the free apps. i was extremely disappointed when i got my env and 6 months later got an android. the media phones are nice, fun, you can do email.....some even have decent web browsers. but if you are lookin for apps, you're going to have to get a smart phone.

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Novice
I like the term "dumbphone" lately. It's politically incorrect but cracks me up every time I hear it... ha ha
0 Likes