SECURITY, SECURITY, SECURITY : MANY Security Apps To Choose From.!
B33
Legend

:smileysurprised: This topic has been gone over back an forth More than once but the thing that still remains is. What security is 

Going to help the most,  There are several Now to choose From.   some that we use on our P.c.'s Today . AVG , Bit Defender,

ESET , McAfee, an Norton,.... But the thing is are they going to protect the Phones in the rigtht Way or just mess things up an

make it more Harder to use the Phone. I know by reading its getting More an More easier to attack the Android System an I as a

Android user i'm going to have to get a Security App myself . But i dont want it to mess up my Phone. as some have reported the 

security app they're using has caused issues or they can't remove the App. I don't want a App that can't be removed weather its

for security or for Entertainment  purposes. But the Fact still remains security is Needed its just finding the Best one For all the

Android Phones. An one thats going protect all parts of the phone that needs be Protected.!  

Please Chime in an Post your thoughts on this thread of what you think is the Best or worst Security Apps An whats working for

for your phone. Or have had any issues with the security app or apps you've Tried. Thanks  Ra.

I wanted to add i would like the Verizon Employees to add there thougts on this thread an what there using for security on

there Android Phones.

0 Likes
Re: SECURITY, SECURITY, SECURITY : MANY Security Apps To Choose From.!
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
You do not really need one as long as you download apps from the market. Adnroid is based of linux os and there arent any viruses. Now there are EXPLOITS which are programs that look like apps and give your information to 3rd party providers. As long as you download from android market you should be safe. The malicious apps have been removed by google but im sure theres still some out there. Check app permissions to see what apps have access to. Some anti virus programs are just there for the ads. I heard great things about look out, I have never used it. Never had a problem with security.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

reallyniceguy wrote:
You do not really need one as long as you download apps from the market. Adnroid is based of linux os and there arent any viruses. Now there are EXPLOITS which are programs that look like apps and give your information to 3rd party providers. As long as you download from android market you should be safe. The malicious apps have been removed by google but im sure theres still some out there. Check app permissions to see what apps have access to. Some anti virus programs are just there for the ads. I heard great things about look out, I have never used it. Never had a problem with security.

Sorry to break your bubble but there are ways to infect any OS including Linux, hackers attack the most popular os because their mission is to infest a large number not just a small handfull, since the popularity of Android is growing that was originally built around the Linux kernal means Linux will start being a  a popular target....

Besides there is more ways to infect a system than viruses, Malware has been used in many ways to infest and transmit data from users without any knowledge of the incident even happening, also a hacker can implant viruses into your device to infect a desktop pc that you sync your personal data and then have it send you data to a storage server.

As long as you remained misinformed on any possible security holes that may exist you will become a easier target...

Lookout appears to be the least resource based AV that seems to work well but I have tried Kaspersky and perfer it myself but I am hoping they due more optimizing of the app the minimize system load..

0 Likes
Not applicable

Good Morning community!

I personally, do not care for security/anti-virus apps. I've seen more harm than good come from them.

Google is getting better at pro-actively removing the malicious apps in the Market. The "catch twenty-two" of the Market is the open access. It's both awesome and can lead to a bad app experience; however apps are very easy to remove. Even master resets are fairly easy to perform compared to some other devices.  

Verizon Wireless cannot recommend any specific third-party applications as we cannot directly support them.

Have a great day!

0 Likes
mdram4x4
Champion - Level 1

imho security apps on phone or pcs are not really needed, unless you expose yourself to places that have bad things

but if you want to be extra careful try out a few of the ones on the market to see what you like

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

@AdamE_VZW

No disrespect but you do realize that Verizon advertise and endorse Lookout secirity in their advertising and even commercial and this is a 3rd party app? 

mdram4x4 wrote:

imho security apps on phone or pcs are not really needed, unless you expose yourself to places that have bad things

but if you want to be extra careful try out a few of the ones on the market to see what you like

I wish that securing your device is that easy but hackers are attempting to attack users through the Markets valid site files, might want to search around about the numbers of attempts that has came out in just the last few months...  The falsify of "don't acknowledge no harm" does not cut it in this day. 
And as for desktops, with broadband these days all you need to do is turn pc on because the pv is always connected to web.  Also a hacker only needs a few seconds to infect you across a high speed connection, so to believe you are safe if you use caution will have all you personal info on the web in less than a hour of accessing your system..

0 Likes