Security Apps: Lookout MobileSecurity,Wave Secure Mobile Security, AVG : Are they good or Bad.
B33
Legend

Please Post With Your Opinion Thanks:  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Re: Security Apps: Lookout MobileSecurity,Wave Secure Mobile Security, AVG : Are they good or Bad.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I use Lookout. No complaints.

AVG has a mobile app? Interesting...will have to check that out. Smiley Happy

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Security Apps: Lookout MobileSecurity,Wave Secure Mobile Security, AVG : Are they good or Bad.
Wildman
Legend

Ann154 wrote:

:smileysurprised:Same Here, I didnt realize AVG has even jumped into the mobile security game, I may have to check it out also....DincX110 any links to share? :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Ann154 wrote:

Hears the link to read up on AVG Antivirus and download...

http://www.avg.com/ww-en/antivirus-for-android

The main thing I am confused with is that the app claims some of my contacted are infected and I am wndering if this is a False Positive already because I do not see how my contacts are infected?  Looks like I will be researching the files it identified as infected and see if it another False Positive report to get you to buy the full version.

CAP201012150619.jpgCAP201012150610.jpg

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hi Guys thanks for Posting on this: This is something I wanted to Pute on here to get some Insight on the this subject U know We all have Our Firewalls And Other Security's on Our Pcs: But what About our Little Guys We Carry With Us We take these phones Every Wear With us They're Probably More Vulnable than our Computers Will Ever Be Because Were We Go Out in the Public there is Someone thats allways got there eye on our Devices think About! the Few Seconds that U lay ur Phone on a Counter to pay a bill or Such that little Guy Could Be Gone!     Wildman the Avg Security that I Listed Was Called I think was Security Pro By Droid Security:  And AVG Antivirus Was Just Antivirus Pro By Droid Security:  If I'm wrong on This Please Pass on What it was Thanks Again to All that Post On This Emportant Topic.!  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

DincX110 wrote:

Hi Guys thanks for Posting on this: This is something I wanted to Pute on here to get some Insight on the this subject U know We all have Our Firewalls And Other Security's on Our Pcs: But what About our Little Guys We Carry With Us We take these phones Every Wear With us They're Probably More Vulnable than our Computers Will Ever Be Because Were We Go Out in the Public there is Someone thats allways got there eye on our Devices think About! the Few Seconds that U lay ur Phone on a Counter to pay a bill or Such that little Guy Could Be Gone!     Wildman the Avg Security that I Listed Was Called I think was Security Pro By Droid Security:  And AVG Antivirus Was Just Antivirus Pro By Droid Security:  If I'm wrong on This Please Pass on What it was Thanks Again to All that Post On This Emportant Topic.!  :smileyhappy:

It appears AVG have both apps listed on the market, the version I downloaded was the free one to test it, I am not going to fork over 10.00 for a app that I am unsure if it does what its suppose to.  I looked over the infoamtion on both and I do not really see why they have 2 versions because one has more security but they are the same price?

CAP201012150641.jpg

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I Agree with u There Wildman all the Way!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Hey wildman, your picture links are going wonky again when I use the mobile site. Am the strange triangle image. Will check them out with the full site. Now to click on the link and wait for the page to load...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Well I loaded the avg antivirus free and uninstalled lookout to test :smileysad:
The scan came up clean. I have to say I do like that it scans the sd card. Lookout never had that option. I have in the past whenever the phone was connected to the computer scanned it with the antivirus loaded on there.
The lost message could use improvements. It only gave me a selection of maybe 10 out of 200+ contacts to choose and even those half were listing their birthday as the phone number. NOT COOL!
Played with the scan settings, specifically for scan the sd card and selecting the folders. The application froze and ended up choosing "wait" a couple of times before force closing.
First impressions overall it's not a bad application, but it has places where improvement is needed.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Of the Two ann Wich one do U think would Best Beifit a person.

0 Likes