Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 3.20. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Security/Theft apps - Any votes on the best?
OldPilot
Contributor - Level 1

I'm pretty much a paranoid when it comes to security. I have WPA2 on my home router, I lock my vehicles and house doors, etc. I travel a lot, so theft of my new toy, the Droid, may be an upcoming issue. ( hope not, but ... )

I downloaded Mobile Security last week to try it. So far it works, but some reviews say it's too intrusive. I looked at WaveSecure for $19.00 per year and Theft Aware ( free ) which has a good user guide in PDF to read.  Has anyone had time to try any of these and if so, what are your thoughts?

0 Likes
Re: Security/Theft apps - Any votes on the best?
budone
Legend

OldPilot wrote:

I'm pretty much a paranoid when it comes to security. I have WPA2 on my home router, I lock my vehicles and house doors, etc. I travel a lot, so theft of my new toy, the Droid, may be an upcoming issue. ( hope not, but ... )

I downloaded Mobile Security last week to try it. So far it works, but some reviews say it's too intrusive. I looked at WaveSecure for $19.00 per year and Theft Aware ( free ) which has a good user guide in PDF to read.  Has anyone had time to try any of these and if so, what are your thoughts?

I was not aware Mobile Defense opened up downloads again. Personally, I feel if any app should be intrusive, this is the one. When you can pinpoint your phone down to within 9 ft that is what I want. Plus it is nice that they (MD) can set up the phone to send a notice when turned on. I think that becomes a users function with the new upgrade.

But I like it, it is a hidden app, it uses little resources until asked to.

0 Likes
OldPilot
Contributor - Level 1

I didn't mean Mobile Defense - sorry. I meant Lookout Mobile Security. MD is still closed since June; I looked at that and it seems pretty robust but who knows if it will ever return? Lookout has virus scanning, data backup, and phone locate.  I might delete it. Thanks for the reply.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

There was a message on the MD board today, it was open for a bit, then closed again 10 days ago. Should be sometime this month. If I see it is opened up again, I will post the news here.

0 Likes