Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skype update includes video chat :-) just not for VZW devices :-(
GreenRobot
Novice

What's the deal? DId VZW do something to ruffle the feathers of phone manufactures and software makers cause it seems that even thought their service is superior the devices are second rate. Same goes for the app support on popular VZW devices. Skype still doesn't have video chat for a single VZW device with a forward facing camera. Does anyone else find this odd?

0 Likes
Re: Skype update includes video chat :-) just not for VZW devices :-(
Wildman
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader
It probally about first come bases and we could be a day late and a dollar short..

Remember the world revolves around cash and how much you choose to spend for exclusive rights these days. Others may want it more.
0 Likes
GreenRobot
Novice
Best network, biggest network, most expensive (in some peoples opinion), and the worst video chat rights. It Just doesn't add up. I Although I guess VZW spent a boat load on their 4g rights. I win some you lose some..
0 Likes
Wildman
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

Just works out that way sometimes, usually cant get the best of all worlds.. :smileywink::smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

GreenRobot wrote:
Best network, biggest network, most expensive (in some peoples opinion), and the worst video chat rights. It Just doesn't add up. I Although I guess VZW spent a boat load on their 4g rights. I win some you lose some..

Thank you for your inquiry GreenhRobot. Adding to what was stated, Verizon Wireless and Skype are working on this a new service for 4G LTE Smartphones that will enable video calling. I am sorry that we do not have a launch date to share with you at this time. We are continually working to deliver the best possible video calling experience and for official news on when this application will be released, please sign up for email alerts at this link. 

0 Likes
GreenRobot
Novice

EdW thanks for the reply. Leaked Skype w/ video for Thunderbolt has been out and working for months. Just sayin it's kinda odd that a working version of skype video is available to those that are willing to install the none market app but the first string of video enabled devices on the market Skype app not one is a VZW device. Is there any real reason that the biggest wireless network couldn't beat Tmobile or Sprint to the punch? I signed up on your link I'll keep you posted if any good info comes from it. 

0 Likes