Re: Soft Card Shutting Down March, 31
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, the sign on bonus was nice. The 20% back up to $200 back on $1000 worth of purchases(with Serve) was also nice. Finally, the $1 back on every purchase(with Serve), up to $50/month from May thru December of last year was also nice. When I use my phone to purchase a $1 item at a vending machine and get $1 back it works out quite nice!!!! As it turns out, I loaded my card with $20 and was able to make ~2 purchases every day for 7 months without adding another cent.Smiley Happy

That is a savings of $500+ in the year and a half I used Softcard.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Snn5 wrote:

I believe it will become more stream-lined in the months to come.

I certainly hope so. When using Softcard and/or Google Wallet, you first had to unlock your phone, open the app and type in your pin before you could pay. With Apple Pay, you simply have to place your locked phone up to the terminal with your finger on the home button in order to pay. FAR more easy to use, in my opinion.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

That method is definitely easier.  But, knowing how to use the app and having it ready to go when I stepped up to the check-out was a big benefit in saving time.  Still though, it is an extra step or 2 and cashiers knowing what GW and AP are seems to be fleeting at times, and especially when one must walk them through the process.  As someone who has worked a register I always looked for a card, check or cash.  If my register monitor all of a sudden displayed "transaction approved" and I had seen no usual method of payment, I would probably NOT ask the customer about this in fears of offending, but would have had the same reaction that the McDonald's cashier had when I used my GNEX the first time years ago, which was,  "What just happened? That was too fast."

0 Likes