Standard Email app disappeared! How to get it back?
bbinnard
Contributor - Level 3

The Email application has disappeared from my HTC Incredible 2.  The Email icon now says Android Email and when clicked says"the linked program is no longer installed on your phone."  Is there a way to get the standard Email application back?  Any idea about why I lost it in the first place?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Standard Email app disappeared! How to get it back?
Wildman
Legend

If a system file is missing a hard reset is the only solution but I was hoping you was just overlooking something...  Sounds like it is time to backup and reset..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Have you checked your app launcher tray for the email icon?  Is the icon you seeing and trying on the home page?

0 Likes
bbinnard
Contributor - Level 3

Yes, tried that.  No joy - phone says application is not there. Based on everything I've been able to find online it seems like a soft or hard reset is required.   I'm hoping a soft reset will work.....but my guess is it will require a hard reset.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

If a system file is missing a hard reset is the only solution but I was hoping you was just overlooking something...  Sounds like it is time to backup and reset..

0 Likes
bbinnard
Contributor - Level 3

Yes, I agree (unfortunately.)  The soft reset did not help.  Will do a factory reset this weekend which should fix the problem (I hope.) 

From what I've read online either these phones, or this versin of Android, is prone to this kind of problem.  I wonder if any Verizon or Android people are aware of it and plan to implement a fix.  Doing factory resets is surely not a nice way to get around the problem.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

The problem isnt the OS usually that causes this, usually it was caused when a app tried to modify the system file to allow a feature to function on their software and sometimes the develope did not impliment the feature correctly or the process failed in the middle of the process which damages the file.

I have notice this issue after updating OS as well and that falls under the same situation, a installed app modified a file and when the OS update tries to override the file the 3rd party apps sometimes restricts access to files which causes issues after installation and the user has to hard reset to fix...  Software or developers are perfect and issues happen.

0 Likes