Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Stock Market App/Widget
ltolman
Contributor

Greetings, I just came from an HTC Droid Incredible and now am on the Motorola Droid Razr.

Apparently (I havent searched fully yet) this doesnt come with a built in stock app so I'm having to search thru the Market for decent Stock widgets.

My main issue is the Dow Jones Industrial Average.  I cannot get any widget to display the proper price.  Every stock app I have right now (about 3 or 4) keeps saying 0.00   0% change, blah blah blah

NOTHING

Every other quote I feed into the application gets me the proper readings, yes i understand its past closing (market) but why should that matter? My Droid Incredible had an awesome built in Stock Applications, even if after market closings I could still update it and it will give me the proper value ~ 11,900 or something

So please, before i go insane, can anyone give me a name of a good (free) stock market app that has a widget (small) that I can put into the droid razr.

I only care about 3 tickers: FRSLX; WMT; and DJIA

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Stock Market App/Widget
AZSALUKI
Legend

this one "was" real nice, but it looks like it is also having issues with the DOW:

https://market.android.com/details?id=nitezh.ministock&hl=en

you could try it out though, as it has a nice widget (most of the stock market apps don't have useful widgets. the one on your incredible was part of htc's Sense UI.....the best UI out there, in my opinion).

0 Likes
jco23
Contributor

yahoo finance works fairly well - this is the only reason why I have a yahoo account anymore.

0 Likes
ltolman
Contributor

well I still cant find a decent widget but for now i'm settling with Yahoo Finance.  Thank you both :smileyhappy:

PS. Tried both options here

0 Likes