Stop installing apps
PFan

I use a Droid and I recently got a software push.  I notice many of the users are complaining about various pieces but my biggest complaint is the apps you install and do not allow the users to delete.  I OWN this phone as I understand.  I'm not renting it, etc.  There is no reason you should have any control on how I use it, and what apps I do and do not have installed.  I think it's sneaky and some way for you to make money off a partnership with another company.  I get it that you make money, but you need to get that I spend nearly $100 a month on this service so I don't care if you make money elsewhere.  Stop using us to do it. 

0 Likes
Re: Stop installing apps
jannac

I totally agree. I found the map on my screen this A.M. & tried uninstalling it & it won't give me the option  Is this a new app which we can't uninstall? 

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

you can't uninstall the preloaded google apps or the preloaded vzn apps. i'm not a fan of it, but google wrote the software for the OS and vzn provides the service (and htc built the device...you'll notice there are many htc apps as well....calendar, etc) and we signed an agreement that clearly states that they can do this. again, i'm not a fan of it...but it is what it is. just delete the icons you don't want from home screens. then the only place they show up is in your app drawer, along with prolly dozens  of other apps you rarely or never use.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
If you think the preloaded apps that Verizon puts on the Android phones are unnecessary, you should at AT&T has required of their line of Android phones. No third party apps, can't manual check for system updates, some apps are blocked in the market and much more AT&T branded apps preloaded on the phones.

Personally I'll take a few preloaded apps that I can ignore over a phone that is that tightly controlled.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes