Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Street View on Google Maps - Droid
GreySeal

Ok, here's everyone's laugh for the day.  (at my expense)

Oh, maybe this will actually help someone else, too :smileywink:

Here's the deal.  I thought for some reason I lost the ability to get street view on the Google Maps app.  For some strange reason, all I could see in street view was this blurry, washed out image of what.....I didn't know.  After looking around various places for an answer, I finally (some of you  know what's coming) remembered that the accelerometer in this little devil of a device was sensing the way I was holding the phone.  Yep, it was showing me an extreme close-up of the street! :smileymad:

Yea, really the street, like only the asphalt of the street.  I swung the phone upwards and POOF - there was my house again.  Like Magic!

OK, now some of you out there are thinking, 'Why is this dummy even admitting he did this'  The answer is that I think maybe it will keep someone from asking why they lost street view on their map app.  I mean, really, ther MUST be someone out there more lost than I can be, at least maybe sometimes...yes?... maybe?

Really, I laughed so hard when I realized what I had done I spit coffee on the computer monitor.  (just a little)

So there is everyone's morning giggle.  (and don't spit coffee on your keyboard)

Don

0 Likes
Re: Street View on Google Maps - Droid
adam_losangeles

You can enable/disable this 'auto-panning' mode by turning the 'compass mode' on and off from the app menu.

0 Likes
Re: Street View on Google Maps - Droid
GreySeal

adam_losangeles wrote:

You can enable/disable this 'auto-panning' mode by turning the 'compass mode' on and off from the app menu.

Cool.  I didn't know that was there.  I like that better than the 'auto' mode.

There are so many ways to configure this device, it's going to take a long time to find them all.

Thanks for pointing that out.

0 Likes