Switched phones - redownload apps?
papertiger683
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had an LG Ally, and I just bought a Droid Incredible off of a friend of mine and activated it. I know the last time I switched phones, which were not smart phones, there was a place on the verizon website where I could re-download anything that I had installed on my old phone to the new one free of charge. Is there anywhere to do that with apps I had downloaded from the market on my Ally? They were free downloads, but I don't remember all that I had and wanted to know if I could find a history of my downloads anywhere so I can get them on this phone.

Any help would be appreciated :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Switched phones - redownload apps?
fifthgear001
Enthusiast - Level 3

try market.android.com from a PC. Sign in with your gmail account. You should be able to able to pull up your apps from there. You might have to tell them to download to your new phone one by one, but at least you will have your apps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
papertiger683
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like to note that I went to My Apps in the market and it shows the ones that I had purchased on my Ally, but not the free ones. Those are the ones that I'm trying to find a history of.

0 Likes
fifthgear001
Enthusiast - Level 3

try market.android.com from a PC. Sign in with your gmail account. You should be able to able to pull up your apps from there. You might have to tell them to download to your new phone one by one, but at least you will have your apps.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I would try the suggestion fifthgear made. I know my downloaded applications from my Eris showed up when I was selecting apps to download to this Aria I'm playing with at the moment.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
papertiger683
Enthusiast - Level 2

Perfect! Thanks so much, it shows all the apps I had :smileyhappy:

0 Likes