Syncing Android w/ google
yst4fun

If I sync my droid2 with my gmail account, which contact list will remain or which will remain in Google contacts and which will stay on my phones contact list?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Syncing Android w/ google
Not applicable

Thanks to Wildman for posting.

@yst4fun  I can see how this can be confusing.

Take these steps to ensure what you want to sync:

From the Home Screen> Press menu> Press contacts> Press menu, Press more, Press settings.  Then you will have an option to choose what you want to sync:  phone, Google, SIM.  You can choose 1 or all of them. 

Also, when you create a new contact from your phone you will have an option to choose Google, phone, or SIM.

I hope this helps.  Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend
it would probably be best to just sun the phone and then log into your Google Account and see for yourself because there is no way to say how your data was input into the device... Technically all contacts you selected to be saved to phone wont sync to Google.

I would just sync and log into www.google.com and check synced data.
0 Likes
Not applicable

Thanks to Wildman for posting.

@yst4fun  I can see how this can be confusing.

Take these steps to ensure what you want to sync:

From the Home Screen> Press menu> Press contacts> Press menu, Press more, Press settings.  Then you will have an option to choose what you want to sync:  phone, Google, SIM.  You can choose 1 or all of them. 

Also, when you create a new contact from your phone you will have an option to choose Google, phone, or SIM.

I hope this helps.  Thanks.

0 Likes