Text Messages
Fletch127

I have had ALL my text messages auto delete from my phone several times now. I will get a message and will go into look at it and EVERY message that I had is wiped from the Droid. The only thing left is the "Compose new message" box. This has happened not only when checking new messages but going in to re-read previously viewed messages. Any clue as to why this is? or how to fix it?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text Messages
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

Fletch127 wrote:

I have had ALL my text messages auto delete from my phone several times now. I will get a message and will go into look at it and EVERY message that I had is wiped from the Droid. The only thing left is the "Compose new message" box. This has happened not only when checking new messages but going in to re-read previously viewed messages. Any clue as to why this is? or how to fix it?

Have you checked your settings in the messaging app?  If "Delete old messages" is turned on, It will automatically delete older messages based on the settings.  If for some reason yours is set to a really low number, that may be your problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

Fletch127 wrote:

Have you checked your settings in the messaging app?  If "Delete old messages" is turned on, It will automatically delete older messages based on the settings.  If for some reason yours is set to a really low number, that may be your problem.

0 Likes
Damnyou83

yea check your settings bro.

0 Likes
Fletch127

turned of the "delete messages when approaching limits" and also changed my text message limit to 500 just to be on the safe side, Thanks to both of you

0 Likes
thetornado
Enthusiast - Level 3
Where is this option at? - I have the eris, is this only for android 2.0?
0 Likes
koutrelakos

This is NOT fixed. it has nothing to do with the settings, it just randomly deletes the messages, regardless of settings. Verizon and Motorola need to work on this immediately because it is a problem for the majority of Droid owners.

0 Likes
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

koutrelakos wrote:

This is NOT fixed. it has nothing to do with the settings, it just randomly deletes the messages, regardless of settings. Verizon and Motorola need to work on this immediately because it is a problem for the majority of Droid owners.

Begin Counter Rant:

The fact that you may still have a problem does not mean that Fletch127's problem was "NOT" fixed.  By the response Fletch gave and the fact the he/she never posted to the contrary, I think it's safe to assume that his/her problem WAS fixed.

As to your statement that this "is a problem for the majority of Droid owners", I peruse several forums that deal with the Droid, and while I have seen several posts regarding lost text messages, most of those post are from 1st time posters who have not done enough research.  Usually the threads aren't very long (kinda like this one).  I am not saying that you do not have a problem, nor am I saying that it's not a problem with your specific phone.  What I am saying is that you are throwing out some comments that I do not believe that you can back up.  I have had my Droid since 6:00 am CST 11/06/09 and have yet to loose a text message.  I do not send/receive 7000+ texts a month like my daughter (also with a Droid and also not experiencing lost texts), but I do average a few hundred.  Maybe she and I are just in the "minority".

End Counter Rant:

If you'd like help with your problem, please ask.

A couple of suggestions either way.

• If you are still using the stock messaging app, try Handcent SMS or ChompSMS from the Market.  Both are free and much better (IMO) than the stock app.
  • Do some research on what apps you have installed that might be conflicting with the messaging app you are using.

0 Likes