Texts: Double Notification
MariamA228

Hi--I have the pop-up app and djalert.  Djalert is only set for calls--SMS is not on.  However, I'm still getting two back to back notifications.  I've tried going into notifications under managing apps but if I silence that app I get no sound at all and two different signal colors.  Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Re: Texts: Double Notification
AZSALUKI
Legend

you can try to uninsatll it and reinstall it.....but it sounds like that app takes over the other apps???? is the stock messaging app deactivated and silenced?

0 Likes
MariamA28

How would I deactivate?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

go to settings.....applications....manage applications.....message widget....force stop ( i think, but i don't use an sms app so my "force stop" is greyed out. but i'm pretty sure you have to somehow tell the device not to use the stock messaging app if you are using a third party messaging app).

0 Likes
shersher
Enthusiast - Level 2

I prefer to see my msgs w/SMS Popup.  If you go into the messaging app that came on the phone, you can disable notifications & that should do the trick.  Go to Settings & scroll down to uncheck the Notifications box.

Hope this helps...

0 Likes
MariamA28

^^Hi could you be a little more specific for me?   I get to Settings/Sound & Display and this is where I see Notifications.  I dont have an off or disable button.  I've tried to change to silence but it silences the entire phone.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

open the messaging app that came on the phone. hit menu. hit settings. scroll down to "received notifications and uncheck "play notification sound" and "vibrate."

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

fyi....i have the incredibel. i don't know what you are using so my directions may be irrelevant. you can put your device on your profile and it's very helpful because then when people see your question they know what device you are using.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

aaaaaaaaannnnndddd....i just realize it no longer shows what device we are using!!!! well it "used to be" helpful...lol

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Just a confirmation, aszaluki has it right, use the settings in stock msg app. I have the Eris and my wife has the original Droid, we both use Handcent for messaging and I turned off stock notifications on both our phones the same way.
0 Likes