Tips for Locale app?
Paolini
Enthusiast - Level 2

Would anyone be willing to share how they are using the Locale app? I think it has great potential, but I think the variables/combinations are just too overwhelming for me! What are some ways you're using Locale to simplify your life?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Tips for Locale app?
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

I have a Home profile that switches from 3G to WiFi and a Work profile that sets the ringer to vibrate. You also need to set defaults which tell Locale what to do when leaving a situation.

0 Likes
Re: Tips for Locale app?
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

I deleted it because inside at work the GPS isn't recognized so to set it to vibrate automatically I have to set it to use the cell towers for that location, however if I do that there is a large area including most of the places I go to lunch where I would be considered at work which means while I am at lunch I don't hear anything and half the time I don't realize it is vibrating cause it is in my pocket while I am walking and moving or whatever.  If I could set it to turn on with GPS and stay on if I am in the cell circle but only if there is no gps signal then turn off based on GPS when I leave it would be useful but it doesn't seem to work that way.  Setting me to silent when I go into buildings and staying that way while I am there is what I need it for but if it stays off when I am in the same city as the location or shuts off when I go inside then it is pretty well worthless to me.  I just have to remember to do it myself.

0 Likes