Too many apps to choose from - what are your favorites?
keabuddy

I got my Eris a week ago and this forum has been a wealth of information. I too had a battery issue, didn't last a full day after fully charging it. My favorite app is now the Advanced Task Killer. I believe it has tremendously extended the battery life to over 2 full days. That along with other advice from this board (turning off mobile, wifi, conditioning battery, etc) have helped make me a happy android owner.

Now I'm wondering, what other wonderful apps are out there? I am looking for those for the everyday user, not a business user, I've done some searches and browsed the market but there are so many out there, it's hard to choose and know what works better than others.

I've installed:

1) Advanced Task Killer - love it, saves battery and easy to use, put the widget on my home page so I don't forget to use it

2) Color Note - I rely on lists: grocery, to do, etc. Has been very useful

3) Astrid - Haven't used it much but has helped organized the few tasks that I've entered reminding me to complete them when necessary, detailed interface but also easy to use

4) Word Search - keeps my 7 year old occupied, a little difficult to draw a line when you find the word, but works well otherwise, other kid friendly game suggestions?

5) Worara Ringtone - free, able to find several songs I liked but not a ton

0 Likes
Re: Too many apps to choose from - what are your favorites?
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

You are right. There are many apps available. Here is a thread that will be some help to you-->30 Must Have Apps

0 Likes
keabuddy

Thanks - great list! I've already gone through it and installed a few, (last.fm, chompSMS) and bookmarked some for later. Would love to hear if anyone else has any tried and true favorites.

0 Likes
tsauter
Contributor - Level 2

A few of my favorites are Handscent SMS, Astro FIle Manager, and Better Keyboard. If you are a golfer and want a range finder, Teedriod is a must.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

keabuddy wrote:

Thanks - great list! I've already gone through it and installed a few, (last.fm, chompSMS) and bookmarked some for later. Would love to hear if anyone else has any tried and true favorites.

I listed some other apps too to download in that thread. I think my two top favoriate apps are iMusic and Spoof

0 Likes