Transferring Google Play Store apps from old device to new device
Sundansyr

Well, I wussed out and got the Galaxy S4 - a nice device, even gutted as it is for the English speaking market.

At any rate -  How do I recover all of my old Google Play Store apps I enjoyed on my old phone (Droid X2) to my new one?

I've already gone the route of logging into the play store using my relevant accounts and gone to the apps section, but there is no record of anything older than the last 24 hours.

What, is this their way of making you purchase everything all over again?  What of the user data and game saves that I expected to be transferred to the SD card but, apparently, are only data sublets that still require the original program to be installed on the device - which Play Store apparently says I never purchased.  Honestly I expected the whole applications to be transferred over, but I found no function to do that.

Suggestions??

0 Likes
Re: Transferring Google Play Store apps from old device to new device
rcschnoor
Legend

If you sign into the Play Store on a computer, it should list all of your past and present android devices along with what is installed on each of them as of the last time the device was active on your account.

There should also be a section with all of the apps you have purchased/downloaded previously. In this section, there should be an install button next to each app. If you click on the button, a dialogue box will pop up allowing you to choose which device to install the app. The next time the device is detected online, the app will be downloaded to the device. You can do this for any/all of the apps in your library.

Re: Transferring Google Play Store apps from old device to new device
Sundansyr

Got there, attempted to do that.

All of the apps said 'installed' and clicking the button did nothing.  The 'install on alternate device' only showed my old X2.

0 Likes