Trouble installing apps
BryChile

I have a droid and have tried to down load 2 different apps, Angry Birds holloween and Spagehtti Marshmallow. 

When looking in the downloads it says the Angry birds app is "Installed" but i do not see it in my apps?????

As far as the spagehtti marshmallow app... It says it is purchased but when i click on install, it trys to install for about 5 seconds then just stops. 

I have the regular angry bird apps installed with no problem and was able to install the spagehtti marshmallow lite app with no problem as well.

Has anyone else had this problem???

thanks,

0 Likes
Re: Trouble installing apps
Wildman
Legend

I experianced the same issue with Angry Bird, all I did was restarted my device and then returned to market and reinstalled, I believe issue was because I uninstalled something a few days back and didnt restart device and this seem to cause installation issues from time to time.

0 Likes
kschaub
Enthusiast - Level 3

What Droid phone are you using? Maybe go into the market, take a look at your downloads, and go to "uninstall" those apps which they say you have but are missing from your phone. I would then try a soft reset, and try again.

0 Likes
TLO

I had to look and look online to try and get the Angry Birds Seasons. It would download completely and then didn't install. The next day, after probably 30 failed attempts, I was able to get it "installing" then I would get a message saying: "Installation Error-18." I was at my wits end, as I LOVE me some Angry Birds. 

Then I looked online and someone suggested that I turn off the phone and take out the SD card, power up and try again. I thought: RIDICULOUS!! But, I had nothing to do but try.. So, I did, and it worked without a second thought.. I was baffled, but relieved. Then I shut the phone back off and re-inserted SD card again, and all is well.

Hope that helps you!!! I have enjoyed the Seasons version a lot!

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

TLO wrote:

Then I looked online and someone suggested that I turn off the phone and take out the SD card, power up and try again. I thought: RIDICULOUS!! But, I had nothing to do but try.. So, I did, and it worked without a second thought.. I was baffled, but relieved. Then I shut the phone back off and re-inserted SD card again, and all is well.

I know the original angry birds installs directly to the sd card, so this makes sense.  Another fix I have seen is to move all apps to internal storage (menu>settings>applications>manage apps, then click the on sd tab at the top, choose each app and click move to phone), then mount your sd card on your computer and erase the folder called .android_secure.  You can then remount your card to your phone and move apps back to your card.  This folder stores information for apps on your card, and sometimes it goes wonky.  This should help with market downloads that hang up on you. 

0 Likes
Selena1231

You are my hero!!! I cant friggen belive it worked!! Ive been trying to install seasons and rio for 2 weeks now!! I did exactly what ya said, and boom!! Wonder why this is goin on!! Weird! But so glad I got them now!!! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I posted that solution here awhile back and reported that this happens because of old files stored in the .android_secure folder on sd card, deleting files contained in this folder usually resolve this issue also.

http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-Apps/Angry-birds-won-t-install/m-p/446294#M5270

0 Likes