UPDATE TO APPS BLOCKED: IF VERIZON DOES'NT APPROVE OF THEM.
B33
Legend

Just read this: Updates to apps are being Blocked that are not approved by Verizon. So what does this mean to You an Me if we got an app or apps say 6 months ago an even if we paid for it. if verizon sees the Need to block it an does it. you won't be able to update it. Read the rest in the Link below

Here's the Link to what i Read:

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/09/21/verizon-blocks-updates-to-apps-that-they-dont-approve-of-how-ab...

0 Likes
Re: UPDATE TO APPS BLOCKED: IF VERIZON DOES'NT APPROVE OF THEM.
AZSALUKI
Legend

they are blocking tethering apps. i don't like it, but it's no big surprise. i'm pretty sure it states in our contracts that we won't tether unless we pay for it via official methods.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

This actually has became a common practice for carriers, since they supply the same feature as a option its not out of norm that they will block apps like this, just like some have been having issues connecting using software like this and others has reported that the bandwidth would drop when connected using software..

Verizon is starting to be more responsive on users breaching the contracts with software like this but some still dont believe they have a right...  All I can say is become familiar with the contract you signed because from the look of things some may be in for a surprise...

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I've heard accessing the market via wifi will bypass this.  Haven't tried it though.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

The app that is spoke of in the post requires the user to liberate their device :smileyindifferent:, it doesnt work on a stock device anyway..

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Not to mention, it allows users to do something that Verizon normally charges for.  It's not so much that they don't approve of the app, they are losing money when people use it.

Liberate, lol.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

demmo86rt wrote:

Not to mention, it allows users to do something that Verizon normally charges for.  It's not so much that they don't approve of the app, they are losing money when people use it.

I figured I will allow others to point out this point.....  For a change...:smileyvery-happy:

Liberate, lol.

It works, I may keep it... :smileywink::smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

I wouldn't tell anybody NOT to do it, but I will tell them that there are consequences for getting caught (suddenly having a hotspot charge on your bill) and, really, they have no right to complain if that happens.  It's all very cat and mouse and, unless the mouse is very careful and doesn't take too many liberties, the cat is going to win.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

demmo86rt wrote:

I wouldn't tell anybody NOT to do it, but I will tell them that there are consequences for getting caught (suddenly having a hotspot charge on your bill) and, really, they have no right to complain if that happens.  It's all very cat and mouse and, unless the mouse is very careful and doesn't take too many liberties, the cat is going to win.

I agree that telling users not to do something isn't the best route to go but they due need to understand the possible consequences..

0 Likes