Ummm.... iPhone anyone ?!
TheDobo

http://mashable.com/2010/03/29/apple-to-launch-two-new-iphones-one-for-verizon-report/

...let the **bleep** begin.... ('cause I'm sick of hearing about 2.1):robotmad:

0 Likes
Re: Ummm.... iPhone anyone ?!
mhill95

Now I understand why Verizon is neglecting the Droid Update 

I guess at this stage I wouldn't get the Droid!

0 Likes
twforrer

Just heard it on Fox news, so I guess its now offical?

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I know, there's a device for everyone, but I really don't understand why people are so enamored with the iPhone. I've played around with my friend's and its useless apps, such as the app that repeats everything you say in a gerbil voice, and I like BlackBerry and Android much better.

0 Likes
jjbecket

Dudes....NOTHING is official until the fat lady sings...and so far she isnt even in the room yet. Apple and verizon will play this game untill we are all going crazy. Given the fact that android is all over the place im shocked that an iphone hasent been out yet. That being said...WHY would they make a CDMA Iphone when verizon is going LTE soon?

0 Likes
mhill95

Money!......CDMA already exists. When they are ready with LTE they will just sell

everyone a new device

0 Likes
jayjay1122
Enthusiast - Level 3

What is comical about this article is the comments about it from all the current Iphone users clamering to get away from AT&T so they can get on the VZW network. Kinda puts all the moaning here into perspective.

There are so many people here complaining about the phone choices with VZW and the lack of communication about updates and all those people on the other networks are complaining about the service there.

Some old anecdote about green grass and fences comes to mind but I can't quite put my finger on it! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

SydneyK wrote:

I know, there's a device for everyone, but I really don't understand why people are so enamored with the iPhone. I've played around with my friend's and its useless apps, such as the app that repeats everything you say in a gerbil voice, and I like BlackBerry and Android much better.

I agree with you 100%. Kudos to you!

I suggest waiting until Verizon officially makes an announcement or even Apple directly (from Steve Jobs mouth).

0 Likes
jjbecket

The thing of it is....as far as a gadget, the iphone is a very fun and cool device. The apps are fun, the video watching is fun and the gaming is awsome. However....the phone part of it. Kinda sucks. Its why there is such a thing as an ipod touch that sells quite well. Most people have their phone...and an ipod touch if you want that experience. Those same people (if they have allot of bucks to chuck this way and that) will get the ipad.

What i hope.....is that that the up comming (soon?????) HTC incredible has some of the same advances that the HTC EVo has.

1. Front and back camera

2. Fast Processor

3. The ability to act as teather wifi device

4. Intense video streaming

If it has those things then id say no tot he iphone.....mainly because im sick of waiting and hearing the rumor mill churn and churn

0 Likes
twforrer

LTE is years away.  Why wouldnt they sell a CDMA version?  Then theyd be able to sell a LTE a year or 2 after that... Apple does this with EVERYTHING.  An Ipod, Ipod touch, Ipod Touch with speakers and camera and wifi.  The new Ipad doesnt even have a camera, but there are pictures all over the internet showing iPads being produced with a camera!  Im sure they will be out in 3 months like every other Apple product. 

0 Likes