Unable to add calendar events on Droid 2 global
xtine

Hi, I'm about to turn in my phone as I'm so frustrated by the inability to do anything simple.  Grr!  All I want to do is add an event to my calendar but I get an error message that says "You must synchronize a calendar before creating a new event."  Does it help me with this?  No!  I have to search a gazillion manuals, which tell me nothing; I search to Verizon website and all of the buttons are for other models and at any rate, I've come up short.  I've now spent 2 HOURS trying to figure out how to add a simple event to my calendar!  Why would I even have to synchronize it at all?  I'm happy with OFFLINE, I just want a freakin calendar to work!

If you can help, please let me know.  Thanks!  Droid ISN'T and DOESN'T at the moment!

C

0 Likes
Re: Unable to add calendar events on Droid 2 global
noeman5

I'm having the same problem with my Brand New Droid Pro.  I use the calendar A LOT, so this is very frustrating for me and could be a deal breaker if I can't get it to work.  I do have a calendar set up on my google (GMAIL) account and for some reason, when I sync with that, it doesn't include the calendar, so I don't know what it wants.  It also took me numerous trips to the Verizon site, just to find a .pdf file user manual.  This is the first phone I've ever owned that didn't come with a manual, either printed or on disc.  This is not a good beginning.

0 Likes
xtine

Same for me - first time with no manual whatsoever!  I found the Droid 2 manual online (pdf) and again it told me ZERO on how to synchronize a calendar to get it to work.  This is completely stupid.

Also, I'm looking at page 21 of the online manual, and the instructions are completely inconsistent with the the options available on the phone itself.  There is ZERO option for "Accounts & sync" - either that or it's impossible to find!

0 Likes
xtine

KOK, I had to reset my phone.  That seems to work.

0 Likes
noeman5

xtine, do you mean the hard reset that wipes everything out?  I'd really rather not go there if possible, I spent a couple of hours when I got my phone putting all of my old data in it, and I don't want to do that again.

0 Likes
jmccoy70
Contributor - Level 2

When I got my DX I had to create a GMail account as part of the activation proccess and the Calendar synched up with the Gmail Calendar and all works well since then.

0 Likes
paule54600

yes but if you don't have a gmail calender setup when you install the account for the first time I don't think it sees the calender if you  try to access it later. Either way I can't get it to work on my newly updated droid 2.  How do I "reset" the phone and what will I have to reconfigure once I do that?

0 Likes
paule54600

I didn't see anyone mention the validation code that must be sent from  the" www.google.com/calender/options/mobile setup" page. I don't think the calender will sync without it.

0 Likes
lister

Hi all,

I was finally able to get the calendar to work.  I decided the use of the calendar was worth resetting my phone for.  I feared losing all of my settings, downloaded apps, pictures, music, etc. but really needed the calendar to work, so I did it.  Guess what? I didn't lose a thing!  As soon as the phone re-booted, everything was back to normal, except now, the option to sync the calendar was part of my google account settings!  One quick sync and I am now in business!  Painless fix.

0 Likes
lister

paule54600 wrote:

yes but if you don't have a gmail calender setup when you install the account for the first time I don't think it sees the calender if you  try to access it later. Either way I can't get it to work on my newly updated droid 2.  How do I "reset" the phone and what will I have to reconfigure once I do that?

Hi Paul,

I don't know about your phone, but on my Droid Pro, there is a little round white button underneath the battery, press that with a stylus, or the tip of a pen, then reassemble the phone and turn it on.  That's all there is to it.  I didn't have to re-configure anything.  Check your user manual for your reset button location, it's probably in the section on troubleshooting.

0 Likes