Unable to download Apps.
armondo522

Does anyone else have the problem of not being able to download app's. The verizon dealers have been helpful, in changing the phone, etc..but until verizon and sprint and all the other vendors of the android system put a squeeze on google we all have $400 paperweights. Thats not what I signed up for. If your downloading now, wait and you'll see what I mean..It could stop at anytime..

Good luck..Cant wait for Iphone to come on over to Verizon..

0 Likes
Re: Unable to download Apps.
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

Providing some details might enable one of us to help you.

0 Likes
armondo522

Since friday, I have not been able to download any apps from the market place. I went to verizon and they did not have any answer. They replaced the phone. Still same problem, but all my original apps are now gone. if you go to google market place forum, you will see there are a lot of people this is happening to, it is random and no one has come up with an answer yet. without apps on the phone, its just a phone. Thats not why I purchased it..i had a perfectly good working Voyager, but upgraded to Android for apps. And now there are none. I know it will be resolved eventually, I just dont want Google to turn into a Microsoft like culture..and ignore its clients..

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

When I asked for details I meant could you elaborate on what "I have not been able to download any apps from the market place" means. Are you getting an error message, does search not return any results. Also, we get that you are not happy so just the facts please.

0 Likes
djpatrickb

This problem has been happening to a lot of people over the last week.  For myself, it's been the same.  Here is the issue:

1.  When I try to download or update an app from the market I get a message that says "Download unsuccessful.  Please try Again."

2.  I try logging into google talk on my phone.  I get a message that says "Could not connect to server.  Will retry shortly."

3.  Apparently, google email push has stopped working as well (I don't use Google email so I am not sue on this one).

I have tried a phone reset, hard reset, reformat SD card and even had Verizon replace my phone.  Still does not work.

Apparently the issue has something to do with my google account.  People are reporting that if they create a new gmail/google account they are able to download apps again.  However, If I do that I will have to pay for all my paid apps again.  Not happening.

Very frustrating.....

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

Not sure if this will clear up the issue but there is a way to perform a "check in" with the market. Open the phone app and dial: *#*#2432546#*#* 

Enter all the characters as is. There is no need to have the phone dial. Just entering the combination of characters and numbers initiates the check in.

0 Likes