Unused / unwanted apps killing my battery life
bornstein

Samsung recently pushed out a software update for the fascinate. Now, all these unused / unwanted / uninstallable apps (vz nav, skype mobile, city ID, etc.)  constantly run. The extended battery now last 4 hours or less, when it used to last 2 days. VZW & Samsung were absolutely no help. Also have a HTC incredible 2, that constantly runs apps that I don't use.

Anyone know of a good app killer that will keeps these closed so my battery will last the day?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unused / unwanted apps killing my battery life
budone
Legend

All those apps DO NOT kill a battery. Everyone of those apps are on mine and I get a days use out of my device. Ya need to look at your device and see what is syncing, how long, and such. Or maybe you  are streaming music constantly. THAT will kill a battery in about 3-1/2 hours. Those apps running in the background are not using the CPU thus they are not using the battery.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Squallfyr
Contributor - Level 3
If they're mandotory, they'll always run. as to get rid of them you can only do one thing :smileywink:
0 Likes
budone
Legend

All those apps DO NOT kill a battery. Everyone of those apps are on mine and I get a days use out of my device. Ya need to look at your device and see what is syncing, how long, and such. Or maybe you  are streaming music constantly. THAT will kill a battery in about 3-1/2 hours. Those apps running in the background are not using the CPU thus they are not using the battery.

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

budone wrote:

This is 100% correct. The stock apps that come with the phone, or are added with updates do NOT use the battery or memory hardly at all.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Try installing Task Panel and set option under settings to monitor system for a few days and see what it report that is using large amounts of your memory...  https://market.android.com/details?id=nextapp.systempanel&feature=search_result

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Wildman wrote:

Try installing Task Panel and set option under settings to monitor system for a few days and see what it report that is using large amounts of your memory...  https://market.android.com/details?id=nextapp.systempanel&feature=search_result

That's a good one.  Sometimes an app installed may go rogue and use up more than it should use due to corruption or incompatibility.  Anything that isn't "running" should use 0-1 processes(1 process apps using core background running API's as those will always run regardless if app is open or not).
Also keep in mind as far as core API's goes.  Some task killers will see something and think it's running because of the core API.  Unlike windows, Android(Linux for that matter) SHARE API processes.  Windows will load them as many times as you open apps that need them.  This is why people consider Android(Linux) more effecient at memory management.
0 Likes
B33
Legend

Howdie Mr Tidbits How is Haviee Its hot hot here it's supposed to be 108 today. And that Task Pannel App that sound's like a thing to give a try too. An did you get a Droid 3 took a look at one yesterday Snazzy Kool.! :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Wildman wrote:

This the app I have used for ages to see how much resources are being used. Great app to see those preinstalled apps are not using any resources or consuming the CPU.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Budone,
Do you use the paid app or the free version?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Thats what i wanted to know as well budone the free or the Paid if the free has add's i prefer the Paid Version :smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes