Update 2.1: Gallery App no longer installed!
GonzoBobH

I updated to 2.1 and when I tested Gallery App it says this app is no longer installed on the phone.

:smileysad:

Am I supposed to go to market to redownload?!? Or did something go wrong with my update? I am searching the web now for an answer, but am having no luck.

GBH

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Update 2.1: Gallery App no longer installed!
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

If you have a Gallery shortcut on your home screen you need to delete it and add it back. Just touch and hold the Gallery shortcut on your home screnn and drag it to the trash can that will appear. When both are red, drop the shortcut. Then open the app drawer and touch and hold the Gallery to install a new shortcut.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

If you have a Gallery shortcut on your home screen you need to delete it and add it back. Just touch and hold the Gallery shortcut on your home screnn and drag it to the trash can that will appear. When both are red, drop the shortcut. Then open the app drawer and touch and hold the Gallery to install a new shortcut.

0 Likes
GonzoBobH

Too easy; thanks.

Embarrassed that I didn't think of it, haha.

GBH

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

That usually doesn't happen for the built in apps, but something about the update to the new gallery breaks the old shortcut. Glad that fixed it. 

0 Likes