Using GPS with this phone.
SBD

On my other Verizon phone (Razr) we had GPS from Verizon. On this phone the GPS is terrible. I want one which talks to me as I am driving. My husband got the Motorola Droid and it came with "Car to Home" app which works very well. I am so frustrated with this phone and want to send it back and reactivate my old phone. I am tell my friends NOT to get this phone.  Can anyone help with this. I went to the Verizon store to get help today, but the guy there didn't seem to know that much and said I should get a Blackberry. Well, my husband read the reviews before he got his phone and mine and said the BB got terrible reviews.  

0 Likes
Re: Using GPS with this phone.
Natalie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I remember reading that the HTC eris doesn't have the GPS turn by turn directions avail on it- it only has Google Maps. Did the marketplace have a turn by turn gps for you to download?

0 Likes
docholliday
Enthusiast - Level 3

I might be out in left field....but I think when the ERIS gets the 2.0/2.1 update it will have turn by turn with voice....Can any of you more informed peeps out there confirm this??

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

docholliday wrote:

I might be out in left field....but I think when the ERIS gets the 2.0/2.1 update it will have turn by turn with voice....Can any of you more informed peeps out there confirm this??

doc is correct. the turn by turn feature are for android phones that have the 2.0 or better system.  as an eris user you are limited to what, 1.6, 1.7?  you will have to wait for the OTA to 2.1 to get the turn by turn feature.

0 Likes
seabright
Contributor - Level 1

SBD wrote:

I went to the Verizon store to get help today, but the guy there didn't seem to know that much and said I should get a Blackberry. Well, my husband read the reviews before he got his phone and mine and said the BB got terrible reviews.  

Which Blackberry? VZW sells the Tour, Storm, Storm 2, Curve, Curve 2 and Pearl Flip (some are close out models). I'm pretty sure that they haven't all gotten uniformly terrible reviews. Personally, I also have a Storm and love it. Kept it even after I got my Droid. The Nav on the Storm is excellent.

However, the Eris is due to be updated very shortly.

0 Likes
docholliday
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the kudos willanaya.....

0 Likes