Using Message+ on non-Verizon phone?
NoUse4aName

I'm going to be traveling out of the States for about six months so I got a second, GSM, non-Verizon phone.  Getting Message+ with Integrated Messaging would be ideal!  I could use the messaging functionality of my Verizon account on my travel phone.  I was shocked that Verizon made something so useful!

However, when I installed the app on my GSM phone, it automatically retrieved the (Mexican) phone number from the device instead of asking me for my Verizon information.  It won't sync with my contacts or messages or anything because it won't let me put in my Verizon information.  I can only send and receive messages on my Mexican phone number via Message+.  Well that's useless!

Does anyone know a way to use Message+ / Integrated Messaging on a non-Verizon phone???

(I tried editing the SQLite data for the Message+ app, but it isn't storing the phone number in any of the databases; it seems to be pulling it from the SIM/device itself upon launch.  If anyone has other bright ideas, I'm all ears!)

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Using Message+ on non-Verizon phone?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The application isn't written like you want. You can sync a different phone number on a tablet, but for phone the application recognizing the device type as a phone so it looks for the phone number of that phone only.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
NoUse4aName

I know the app wasn't intended to be used like that.  Entirely too useful if it were; as it is, I have to carry TWO phones in my pocket while I'm traveling.

I think right now I'm looking to try and trick the app into thinking it's for a different phone number, or even that the device is a tablet rather than a phone.  I was hoping that it stored the phone number in the database, and I could just edit it there and have everything be golden, but no, it's reading it from elsewhere.  😕  In an effort to try and be smart, they made Message+ entirely useless for anyone who will be temporarily off the Verizon CDMA network (which, strangely, is seemingly its strongest selling point).

0 Likes
ranranran

I think this is a great question. I have a tablet and a new wifi-only phone that I think can replace my tablet needs....  However, when I install on the tablet, it works fine and let's me message through my account, but with the phone, even though no number is registered with it, the app refuses to work without a phone number.

It would be great if the next version of the software allowed us to *choose* whether to sync with different phone number even when installing on a wifi-only phone...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to be able to connect on all platforms while traveling.  Our Verizon Message + is limited to VZW numbers only.  This allows all your messages to be synced on various devices, but do have great options for our international travelers.  Have you taken a look at our Global packages?  Click on the link to view more and keep us posted if you do have any additional questions.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/landingpages/international-long-distance-in-us/

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes