V cast video on demand not working on Droid
Akon1993

Verizon released V cast video on demand today. I tried finding it in the android market and I was unable to. I looked in the Verizon tab and it was not there either. I then tried googling it and came up with nothing. I am really starting to get annoyed with Verizon because they announce things but then it doesn't work. Can anyone please help me with this problem? Is anyone else going through the same thing?

0 Likes
Re: V cast video on demand not working on Droid
Akon1993

It is now up and running. Thanks if someone helped with this. The case is closed. lol

0 Likes
Scott_Bassett

Well, it isn't working as it should on my Moto Droid.  The application downloaded and installed fine.  And it does work when I am out and about with a decent 3G signal.  But at home I use a Verizon Wireless Network Extender due to poor coverage in my neighborhood. 

I understand that the Network Extender does voice, not data, so I always have Wi-Fi enabled while at home.  For reasons I don't understand, V Cast Video will not connect using the Wi-Fi signal at home even though I can browse the web, etc., on my Droid using the Wi-Fi connection. I get the standard V Cast Coverage Not Available mesage.  Is Wi-Fi connectivity disabled in the V Cast Video application?

0 Likes
CaseyLand

I'm having pretty much the same issue.  On my home wireless Wi-Fi (Cox) I cannot connect to the V Cast videos but 3G works fine but when I'm at work and use their Wi-Fi (Quest) it works fine.  I called both Cox and VZW and they said to contact the other company because it is an issue with them.  I've done some searching and I find that this seems to be an issue that quite a few people are having but no answers or even what the problem could be.  I get the internet just find on my Wi-Fi at home but not V Cast.

0 Likes
osiris132

V cast is a Verizon subscription service so it requires you to be connected to the Verizon Wireless 3G to verify your subscription.  Thus the error when you try to connect through wifi since you aren't using Verizon's connection.

0 Likes