VZ Nav vs Google maps
conposs

I have motorola Devour.  When I select a contacts address it takes me to VZ Nav, which I do not subscribe to.  I would like to go to Google maps/navigator to map give me directions.  How do I get rid of VZ Nav on my phone or go directly to Google maps instead of Vz nav?

0 Likes
Re: VZ Nav vs Google maps
Iceman1906
Contributor - Level 1

The Google maps application cannot be linked to your contact home addresses. The best option would be to copy and paste the address to Google maps.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

That's funny Iceman cause If I go to Google maps on my phone one of the options is contacts. 

0 Likes
budone
Legend

fezzik wrote:

That's funny Iceman cause If I go to Google maps on my phone one of the options is contacts. 

What phone do you have? it is not an option on the Incredible.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

HTC Incredible.  Go into your all applications there should now be a Navigation icon.  If you click it Speak Destination, Type Destination, Contacts, and Starred Items come up as options. If I click on contacts it links me to all my contacts for which and address is entered.  So 4 contacts 2 with the same address.  Yeah I am good about loading addresses. 

Also if you go into Maps then click on directions then the bookmark button on the endpoint it brings up contacts and point on map. 

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Sweet! I was looking at Google Maps and navigation from that program.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Oh and on the incredible you can just click on a contact that has an address and it will show you their house in maps.  That is the part the devour apparently doesn't do.  Is the devour 2.1 yet?  It may be that since the Devour is on 1.6 that it doesn't take you to maps because you can't use Maps for navigation.  May be wrong on both ends but I don't know. 

0 Likes
Iceman1906
Contributor - Level 1

The Devour is only 1.6. It has the older version of google maps.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Iceman1906 wrote:

The Devour is only 1.6. It has the older version of google maps.

As of late 2009 Google maps with navigation officially works on Android 1.6 and newer phones.  It was 1.5 that wasn't supported and I don't think there are any 1.5 phones on the market anymore. 

0 Likes