Verizon App Request for Friends & Family
fernandizzel

I would love an app that goes through my contacts and adds a little red "V" in the corner of their profile picture or stock android contact picture if that person is on Verizon.  That way I could quickly see if the person I'm talking to is going to chew up my minutes.  It would be a great marketing tool for Verizon as I could see people like me encouraging their non-Verizon friends & family to switch.  Right now what I have to do is go the the Verizon site to check and that only lets me input 3 numbers at a time, at least they could provide a way to import a contacts .csv file with all your numbers and it spit out a report telling you who is and is not a Verizon user.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon App Request for Friends & Family
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

fernandizzel wrote:

I would love an app that goes through my contacts and adds a little red "V" in the corner of their profile picture or stock android contact picture if that person is on Verizon.  That way I could quickly see if the person I'm talking to is going to chew up my minutes.  It would be a great marketing tool for Verizon as I could see people like me encouraging their non-Verizon friends & family to switch.  Right now what I have to do is go the the Verizon site to check and that only lets me input 3 numbers at a time, at least they could provide a way to import a contacts .csv file with all your numbers and it spit out a report telling you who is and is not a Verizon user.

hmm you could always make an app yourself. put it on the market if you want to.

0 Likes
fernandizzel

I wouldn't even know where to begin.  But lets say Iearned to program :smileyvery-happy:, how would you interface with the Verizon website that checks the number?

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

fernandizzel wrote:

I wouldn't even know where to begin.  But lets say Iearned to program :smileyvery-happy:, how would you interface with the Verizon website that checks the number?

Actually I am not sure of that question right there.  To make the app yourself:

Start at http://www.android.com/

You'll find everything you need to know there (or on links from there).  Download the SDK, pay the $25 one-time fee (if you want to distribute via the Market), and have at it. It does help if you're  familiar with Java programming...

0 Likes
seabright
Contributor - Level 1

I'm guessing there are some privacy and security implications. VZW probably doesn't want to make access to their customer database available to third party software. 

0 Likes