Re: Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a new software update for the DROID by Motorola.
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2

TheGreatOne wrote:

Laytimator wrote:

I can't believe you guys fell for this April Fools joke.

Don't think it is a joke. The post came from a admin here on the forums. why would he lie?

That, oh Great One, is a question I'd like to ask the salesperson that told me my Eris would be updted to 2.1 mid-January.
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a new software update for the DROID by Motorola.
AFguy
Contributor - Level 2

Yes the 2.0.1 update was rolled out the same in groups of 250,000 a day until all recieved.  I have manually updated my moto droid to 2.1 and it still does not do bluetooth dialing.  Also, my free yahoo account i can get setup, but it doesnt get my new emails automatically like my gmail acct.  But i have my gmail account getting my yahoo email automatically anyway, so that works for me.  Also, I dont think anybody should be on the cell phone while driving anyway, be it "hands-free" or not.  Still distracting, so I could care less about bluetooth dialing.  Im perfectly happy with the way my Moto droid is.  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
So whats so cool about 2.1? Im completely happy with mine... I guess the live wallpapers is a huge thing?
0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

Better battery life for one. Motorola Android 2.1 release notes

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

as much as i have read, no android phone has bluetooth dialling.

0 Likes
RichardMW

willanaya,

My Motorola Droid 2.0.1  bluetooth links with my Prius car and does dialing.

I can dial a number from the Prius screen and the call goes out over the Droid.

0 Likes
mike122453

:smileyhappy:Been waiting for this upgrade since it was announced. I hope I am on the list for tomorrow because I really don't understand why every Droid owner could not get it as soon as it was available. Still have a few days on my 30 left, if I don't get my upgrade maybe one of the newer phones will be available. 

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

RichardMW wrote:

willanaya,

My Motorola Droid 2.0.1  bluetooth links with my Prius car and does dialing.

I can dial a number from the Prius screen and the call goes out over the Droid.

true. 99% of the talk concerning bluetooth dialling is for the people with regular headsets and not equipment installed in vehicles.

and as much as i have seen, android devices dont have bluetooth dialing. they have decided to fall back on the voice dialer function/app

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

mike122453 wrote:

:smileyhappy:Been waiting for this upgrade since it was announced. I hope I am on the list for tomorrow because I really don't understand why every Droid owner could not get it as soon as it was available. Still have a few days on my 30 left, if I don't get my upgrade maybe one of the newer phones will be available. 

you might have to wait up to three weeks. they only send out a certain number of OTA's. then those people have to install it. and once that is done they send out more.

or you could do it the other way.

0 Likes
KarateMom
Got my update this morning! Everything went well. Only real difference I see is pinch to zoom and speak to type. Cool!
0 Likes