Verizon google play carrier billing gone from phone
xTye

I'm currently unable to use Carrier Billing. Was directed here by the company that handles this billing process. I've done this TWO times. This does not work. I'm still unable to use the feature. Please don't post a fix unless it has a success rate or others can vouch. This just doesn't work and I think you got lucky.

>Branched and edited<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator><

0 Likes
Re: Verizon google play carrier billing disappeared from phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

xTye,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you have been having with the carrier billing. We want you to have a good end user experience! I want to get that up and running for you.

Let's get to the bottom of what is causing the problem. Sounds like you have already worked with billtomobile.com . If they are referring you to us then we want to check things we have control over that would prevent you from using the service. If I can ask a few clarifying questions we can get to the root of the problem and get that working for you. Are you registered with My Verizon at verizonwireless.com ? Do you have text messaging blocked or any other blocks on your line? Do you get an error message when you attempt to use carrier billing? Have you reset the google playstore app (force stop / clear data)? What make/model phone do you have? Have you ever been able to use carrier billing?

The questions I have asked are related to the most common reasons people have trouble with carrier billing. I'm sure once we get to the cause of the problem we'll get you back in business!

Sincerely,

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Verizon google play carrier billing gone from phone
xTye

I have no blocks on my account. The option just isn't there when I attempt

to make any purchases.

On Jan 12, 2014 5:14 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is an option that is a much less hassle then trying to get carrier billing to work in my opinion. It is purchasing a Google Play Store gift card or two and loading it onto the Play Store account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
xTye

I realize that, but I'm not going that route just so Verizon can be let off the hook. I'm not being given a feature that I fully qualify to use.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Personally I would rather have my bill from Verizon Wireless be approximately the same amount (varying only because of taxes) every month then have to sort through the random charges and therefore increasing the bill I might have from purchasing an application or music on the Play Store.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The problem... It may not even be Verizon. From time to time some one from some carrier is having problems. Doesn't matter who when where what. What do they all have in common? Google Play Services.

It's Google's payment system that carriers have to opt into.

xTye

It's quite odd that it only affects my line and not the other 3 in my

account then...

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Much like me on T-Mobile every now and then. AT&T as well. The only thing in common is Google payment system. Ironically for me Verizon has been !ore consistent than the others. However my coworker has never had trouble with T-Mobile.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon google play carrier billing disappeared from phone
akmartin11

I, as many others, am also having the same problem. I think I reached my limit one month and it kicked it out. I have tried to reset everything, but still says "your device is not provisioned for carrier billing." I have called Customer Support and she told me that I could indeed change it from my phone, but I can not find it anywhere. I have the Galaxy S4.

Thank you for any help!!

0 Likes