Verizon offering free 30-day trial of the new VZ Navigator
Wildman
Legend

Check out this new information about VZ Navigator, I know most users perfer Google Navigation but this does look worth a look..

http://products.verizonwireless.com/index.aspx?id=fnd_navigator

Verizon VZ Navigator

Verizon has updated their VZ Navigator application, and along with the new name of Verizon Navigator VX, comes a free 30 day trial for new users, and some cool new features, the highlights of which we've outlined below:

• Smart Routes with Real-Time Traffic – Updated every 60 seconds, telling you when traffic is ahead and mapping out detours to get you around it
  • Voice Turn-by-Turn Directions – Even with other apps open, you will continue hearing where to turn to keep you on track
  • “Real” signs and road views – Accurate highway signs guide you into the correct lanes and prevent last minute lane changes
  • Location Sharing – Use Place Messaging or Facebook to share your real-time location or the place of an upcoming meeting
  • Virtual city driving with 3D buildings and graphics
  • Satellite view that moves with your location
  • Local search with Bing
  • Real-time weather, gas prices, movie times and other local information
  • Ability to add addresses to "favorites" for easy bookmarks of the places you frequent

The 30 day free trial is open for new VZ navigator subscribers only, and available on the HTC Droid Incredible, Motorola Droid X, Samsung Fascinate, Samsung Droid Charge, HTC Droid Incredible 2, and the HTC Thunderbolt.  To give it a try, fire up your phone and head over to http://nav.vzw.com/vznav to download the app.  Choose the 30 day trial option, and you're set.

Some of these new features look really nice.  I'm especially loving the overhead freeway signs, which could save many a headache while tooling around an unfamiliar city.  To see a short video overview, be sure to visit the source link.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon offering free 30-day trial of the new VZ Navigator
beyedup
Contributor - Level 1
I think if aVerizon offered VS Navigator for a one time flat fee, they would have more customers purfhase it. $10 / month fee in 1 year is $120/year. That's just on one app. People are still watching how much they're spending when they're spending.
0 Likes
beyedup
Contributor - Level 1
My mistake typing here. I meant VZ Navigator.
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

agreed. i've heard great things about vzn nav, but there's just no way i would drop $10/month for something we get free. even if i wasn't thrilled with google, i would likely buy a tomtom or garmin for $120.....and could use it for more than the year that $120 gets with vzn nav. it's truly an absurd price.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I do agree about the price when Google Maps works well for me, actually I perfered iGO Navigation but for some reason they only have Android version for corporate accounts and hasnt consider a retail build like I had on my WM devices..

TomTom and Garmin are nice as well plus I perfer a app that stores maps on device so if you get lost in a low reception area you can still use it

0 Likes