Viewing animated gifs on Droid & attaching Sound files in text messages
LiquidAlloy

Hello all, I am new to here.

Is there any app or fix for any of this? I have done alot of google searches and app searches and have found nothing yet. ooo and also i can not hear any audio when someone sends me an audio file in a text. I have to save it first and listen to it in the music player, kind of annoying and this doesn't seem to be such a "smart phone" if it can't do these very simple tasks that every other phone can do. Glad I only got this thing for $100 and seriously thinking about going back to my Dare.

Ty. Joe

0 Likes
Re: Viewing animated gifs on Droid & attaching Sound files in text messages
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

considering that this is a new phone, i would say give it time.  the updates will come, changes will be made.  i say contact Verizon and Motorola and voice your displeasure.  you may be the reason why some of the software might change for the better in the future.

I had the EnV3 and in the forum, all our problems were addressed with that phone recently.  If you let them know, they will fix it.

0 Likes
LiquidAlloy

Thanks for the reply, I will bring any issues to their attention to see if any fixes or updates are planned to resolve this.

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

there was a post saying that something was/should come by dec. 12.  but cant find the post.

0 Likes
LiquidAlloy
Yea I saw something about an update dec. 11th actually, I wonder if there is a fix for those. I have came across a few other problems but that is expected on something new. Like no eq on the music player. Once and a while the speaker doesn't work and rebooting the phone gets is back. Able to view a pic without saving it then deleting it if it didn't come out clear. Geeks like us will find these issues haha.
0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

i wish they would release the update before dec 6.  i mean how bad is it that you have to wait till after the 30 day period before you decide you want to keep it.  whoops. you cant so you are stuck with it.  but it is a new product and motorola is a large company so i am sure they know how to run a business.  just wish for a dec 4 update....

as for the not being able to review the pic: i just click on the pic in the upper right hand corner, which is the last pic you took, then it should come up on the full screen, allowing you to save it, share it, or delete it.  is that what you are talking about? or something else? please clarify...LiquidAlloy

0 Likes
Re: Viewing animated gifs on Droid's & attaching Sound files in text messages
lynnettet

I know this has been driving me crazy! I called Motorola 2 times on this..The 1st time they told me to open the wi=fi and close I knew this would do nothing. Then the 2nd time I called they said the phone does not support the gifs. texts. My old phones did. For all this phone can do you would think it could play a sing moving text..I hope they fix it soon..So there is a update on the way???

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

lynnettet wrote:

I know this has been driving me crazy! I called Motorola 2 times on this..The 1st time they told me to open the wi=fi and close I knew this would do nothing. Then the 2nd time I called they said the phone does not support the gifs. texts. My old phones did. For all this phone can do you would think it could play a sing moving text..I hope they fix it soon..So there is a update on the way???

well, with this problem, it's more of a software thing than a hardware thing which is actually a plus.  future updates can always fix software problems; with hardware, we have to accept what they give us from the time we purchased the phone or wait for a Droid 2.  And with a phone like the Droid, the future possibilities are endless, but like i said in a couple posts above, we have to give it time.

if we complain enough about a certain function, they will fix it or someone will come out with an app.

There have been posts on this site and others saying that there should be one Dec. 11 and another in Jan.  so most we can do is wait and see.

0 Likes
saiena

I agree. I am within my 30 days and considering taking phone back also.  The fact that Gif's are not suppored, although minor is a big deal to me.  I also cannot figure out how to forward messages.  The photo gallery sucks.  You cannot have folders and have pictures save to a folder.  It jumbles them all together.  Not really a "smartphone" at all.  Seems to me it should do everything a Blackberry can do and then some.  Droid doesnt in this case.......

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

So in light of everything else the phone can do, it's not a smartphone because it can't display gifs. Hmmm

0 Likes