Re: WARNING!!!! EMAIL ATTACHMENTS: DROID CAN NOT SAVE OR FORWARD
rlivin

I have k-9 and when i try to view and save it will not. i have tried to view a gif picture and wmv video and get error trying to do both to both.

0 Likes
rlivin

It appears i had the beta version 1.996 so i upgraded to non beta and everythings working great. This is great email app. Google is co author so what did you expect.

0 Likes
Droidster
Great posting. Thanks!
0 Likes
Droidster
I was ready to return my new Droid over the attachment issue...and no one at Verizon was able to help (either tech support or in store). However, I found another email program on the Marketplace K-9 mail. It's free, does attachment forwards, signatures and more. It's working for me now.
0 Likes
aplusjimages

Can you give a little more detail? I'm not seeing any of those settings on my phone. I'm using a Moto Droid and I have my company email account set up with "Google Apps". I'm having the issue when I preview an attachment it sits there "Fetching Attachment".

I looked through all my settings on the Droid and don't see anywhere to make those changes. I also checked my email account on my desktop and don't see it anywhere in the account settings. Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2

Using gmail app, I have been able to save and/or forward everything that I know of except MMS from Virgin Mobile.  And saving is fairly useless, since you can't name it or put it where you want it.  So I use Dolphin browser instead.  If you change Settings/User Agent to desktop, then you can see/save Virgin Mobile attachements where you want them and name them.  I notice they have an at&t phrase in the pathname.   I agree, it's too messy.

0 Likes
user08

Thank you for your info. Also, for a better protection of your PC I recommend a strong antivirus like Kaspersky 7 version (http://www.trustdownload.com/Antivirus-and-Spyware-Cleaners/Antivirus/Kaspersky-Internet-Security-7....).

0 Likes
user08

Thank you for the info. Also, I want to add that for a better protection of your PC you should use a strong antivirus like Kaspersky : http://www.trustdownload.com/Antivirus-and-Spyware-Cleaners/Antivirus/Kaspersky-Internet-Security-7....

0 Likes