We want google wallet!
chidj

Why would you prohibit Google from havening the new nexus support Google wallet? ISIS is just a collaboration of wireless carriers trying to justify their place in the payments world. People like Google products and will follow them. Sprint sounds like they are playing with Google and that is more attractive to me.

Carriers are commodities. There isn't anything Verizon offers that Sprint or AT&T do not. Now that Verizon and the other ISIS members are putting their line in the sand they are alienating the millions of people that are comfortable and like to use google products. Bye bye Verizon.

You can keep your limiting and pricey plans too.

0 Likes
Re: We want google wallet!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Honestly, I have not yet to see a practical use for Google Wallet.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Ann154 wrote:
Honestly, I have not yet to see a practical use for Google Wallet.

+1, I agree.

0 Likes
Andrfan
Enthusiast - Level 2
My wife and I are 20 year customers. We are changing carriers because of Verizon blocking Google Wallet and what it says about the future of their phones.

I was ready to walk a couple of years ago because of their habit of crippling phones, and then they began offering fully functional Android phones. Now they are back in the business of crippling their phones.

I am giving them until the Nexus release to reverse before I go to Sprint.

budone
Legend

I thought I read that the Wallet is exclusive to Sprint for a period of time. I just dont see the big issue of having the Wallet.

Buying a pop with the cell phone novelty will wear off quickly.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend
I love it when everyone hears a rumor and it must be true mentality.
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

budone wrote:

I thought I read that the Wallet is exclusive to Sprint for a period of time. I just dont see the big issue of having the Wallet.

Buying a pop with the cell phone novelty will wear off quickly.

You know how it goes Bud, someone else has something and its believed that complaining will get you it also..  It is just amazing what people are willing to change company for.

Could the threats become anymore pointless?  If possible I cant imagine how..

0 Likes
Andrfan
Enthusiast - Level 2
This is not a rumor. Verizon acknowledged that the Nexus will not have Wallet, and Google confirmed that this was a Verizon decision to block.
0 Likes
Andrfan
Enthusiast - Level 2

"Could the threats become anymore pointless? If possible I cant imagine how.. ou know how it goes Bud, someone else has something and its believed that complaining will get you it also.. It is just amazing what people are willing to change company for.

"Could the threats become anymore pointless? If possible I cant imagine how.."

I do hope complaining will make a difference. Would I switch carriers just for Wallet? Not a chance. But I was already considering switching to a carrier with much more attractive family data plans, and that does not cripple their phones. I have been sticking with Verizon in anticipation that they would be offering the next pure Android phone. Now they have announced that they are departing from that, going back to their old ways of crippling phones for marketing purposes.

I am reluctant to commit to two new 2 year contracts for a phone for which they will be blocking functions.

Why do you consider it inappropriate to complain about that?
0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Andrfan wrote:
This is not a rumor. Verizon acknowledged that the Nexus will not have Wallet, and Google confirmed that this was a Verizon decision to block.
They didn't say that Google Wallet would not be on the Galaxy Nexus of if Isis has anything go do with it. Verizon openly stated they are not blocking it based on current rumors flying around and why the device isn't released yet. They clarified stating that there are valid security concerns. This stuff is overhyped and the rumors flying around even more overhypes it even more.
0 Likes