When I go to download or update any apps I get an error 110
smj7220

I have a HTC Incredible 2 and everytime I go to download or update an app it says Installation error  Unknown reason - 110.

How do I fix this? ASAP

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When I go to download or update any apps I get an error 110
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Thanks for the information everyone. smj7220, I know how frustrating this is because I love to download apps on my phone, so we are going to do our best to help you. We should try putting your phone into safe mode. Safe Mode temporarily disables all applications that have been installed via the Android Market. We can determine whether a 3rd party application is the cause of an Operating System / Application issue. I will list steps to enable and disable safe mode below. If this does not work, we may need to reset the device back to default setting with a hard reset. 

Enabling Safe mode

1. Press and hold down the Power Key.
  2. Select Restart.
  3. Select Restart.
  4. When the HTC Logo screen appears, press and hold the Volume down key.
  5. Release the Volume down key when Safe Mode appears in the lower left.
    NoteMay take up to 30 seconds. 

Disabling Safe mode

1. Press and hold down the Power Key
  2. Select Restart.
  3. Select Restart

Performing a hard reset will remove ALL data including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications.  Please ensure you have attempted all suggested steps given by us and the community before performing a hard rest. Steps are listed below:

1. From a home screen, select the applications tab (located in the lower left).
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select SD & phone storage.
  4. Select Factory data reset.
  5. Select Reset phone.
  6. Select Erase Everything.
  7. Perform initial set up again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Assuming this is with the Android Market, try clearing the cache and data of the Market app.

Go to settings > applications > manage applications > all tab > scroll down to the Market app. Select it and press the clear cache and the clear data buttons. Then force close the app.

Go back to your homescreen and open the Market app again. Try to download a application again.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
smj7220

Nope. i tried that. Still doesnt work and its been almost a week. I tried taking the battery out and doesnt work. wont download any app in the andrior market. I reaslly dont want to have to do a factory restore or go to the verizon store. any other suggestions?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Perhaps this might work.

Similar steps to what I posted above, but this time uninstall the updates to the Market app.

Go to settings > applications > manage applications > all tab > scroll down to the Market app. Select it and press the clear cache and data buttons. Next, press the Uninstall updates button and then force close button. Reboot the phone for safe measure. After the phone is loaded open the Market app and accept the terms of service. After that try to download an application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
smj7220
I do not have the a button or anything that days uninstall updates??? Where would that be?
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
It would in the market information under the manage applications in settings.

What version of the android market are you using?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Remove SD Card and try again, if it works then its a app or setting saved on card, had same issue with Droid X..

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

Thanks for the information everyone. smj7220, I know how frustrating this is because I love to download apps on my phone, so we are going to do our best to help you. We should try putting your phone into safe mode. Safe Mode temporarily disables all applications that have been installed via the Android Market. We can determine whether a 3rd party application is the cause of an Operating System / Application issue. I will list steps to enable and disable safe mode below. If this does not work, we may need to reset the device back to default setting with a hard reset. 

Enabling Safe mode

1. Press and hold down the Power Key.
  2. Select Restart.
  3. Select Restart.
  4. When the HTC Logo screen appears, press and hold the Volume down key.
  5. Release the Volume down key when Safe Mode appears in the lower left.
    NoteMay take up to 30 seconds. 

Disabling Safe mode

1. Press and hold down the Power Key
  2. Select Restart.
  3. Select Restart

Performing a hard reset will remove ALL data including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications.  Please ensure you have attempted all suggested steps given by us and the community before performing a hard rest. Steps are listed below:

1. From a home screen, select the applications tab (located in the lower left).
  2. Select Settings.
  3. Select SD & phone storage.
  4. Select Factory data reset.
  5. Select Reset phone.
  6. Select Erase Everything.
  7. Perform initial set up again.

0 Likes
Mama2KBR
Enthusiast - Level 3

In addition to clearing the cache & data for the Market, under the "Manage applications" area and under the "Running services" tab (though I admit I have a Droid 2...), also clear the Cache & Data for the Download Manager. That worked for me when I was having a similar issue. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes