Where did this app come from?
ezas
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have launcherpro installed and I am using Home Manager for managing LP and TW. But somewhere along the way I picked up  a little utility called Quick Switcher. It is a very simple app to switch between one or the other. I don't know where this came from and don't need it since I'm using the more full featured Home Switcher.

I can't find it in any list of installed/running applications and it is not listed in any installer.

Having this installed puts two home switcher icons on the notification bar and I rather just have the one.

Any idea of how I can figure what app installed this or how I can get rid of it?

Eric

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Where did this app come from?
ezas
Enthusiast - Level 2

I figured it out. I noticed that when I started Home Switcher BOTH notification bar icons showed up. Seems like home switcher has two little applets. One is for switching AND changing the default and the other, the 'quick switcher' is a simple toggle between LauncherPro and TouchWiz.

So I installed Home Switcher and replaced it with Home Manager. Problem solved.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Since the app is in the market and you do not have a remove option in the programs menu I suggest you try to download the app again and install it and see if the remove option shows then, if so just remove it.   Also if you go to market and it shows it installed you had to somehow installed it and I would double check and make sure the remove option isnt there because if the market sees it installed it was installed from the market.

0 Likes
ezas
Enthusiast - Level 2

I figured it out. I noticed that when I started Home Switcher BOTH notification bar icons showed up. Seems like home switcher has two little applets. One is for switching AND changing the default and the other, the 'quick switcher' is a simple toggle between LauncherPro and TouchWiz.

So I installed Home Switcher and replaced it with Home Manager. Problem solved.

0 Likes