Which free GPS app?
Tourxpert

For those with experience using the various GPS apps....

I would like to be able to scout out sections of beach at low tide for holes and structure for fishing and mark those spots to return to at high tide when it looks totally different.  Is there a GPS app capable of this?

I did D/L My Tracks, but haven't messed with it yet.

0 Likes
Re: Which free GPS app?
OldPilot
Contributor - Level 1

You might try GPS Status. It displays a compass and complete geo coordinates ( latitude, longitude, altitude). Plus it has a very nice looking screen. It also acquires more satellites more quickly. Works fine for me, and it's Free.

0 Likes
Tourxpert

Thanks.  Does it let you mark the coordinates to keep track of the spots?

0 Likes
OldPilot
Contributor - Level 1

There's no setting for that I can see. I guess the old Mark I pencil & paper is the best choice.

0 Likes
Tourxpert

Yeah, I D/L'ed it and it says you can mark spots for easy return in the description, but I'm not seeing how to do it either.

0 Likes
dougklohnjr

use the google maps that the phones come swith

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

dougklohnjr wrote:

use the google maps that the phones come swith

Someone wrote before that google maps is not always accurate.Although I have never had any troubles with it

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I have only notice issue with Google Maps when I am using the AGPS instead of the gps chip to pin point my location, all other times Google Maps has been right on for me.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
@wildman
How can you tell when the phone is using aGPS or the GPS chip?

Thanks

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
Is that your signature?
0 Likes