Why Scanlife Barcode Reader?
Manscape1

Hello, I'm with my first smart phone....LG G3....and I'm a new subscriber with Verizon Wireless.

I value the tutorials offered and began to read about using a barcode reader. I see Verizon discusses and provides a download link for one particular barcode reader app called "Scanlife."  I don't have a problem using that program and I did find it on the cellphone through Google Playstore.

But here's my thought. With so many programs available for the same purpose, why does Verizon indicate this particular one?

I do realize other barcode programs may be untested, problematic and worse, but is there an advantage to go with Scanlife as an app over other choices?

Thank you for your comments.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why Scanlife Barcode Reader?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Manscape1

Hi I'm glad you found an app you liked better. I will lift your feedback up to our leadership. Unfortunately we can't answer why an app was choosen over another. We do appreciate your comments and hope you continue with the bar code scanner that best fits your needs.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Manscape1

I downloaded the app. It's really tedious. I'll give it a chance for a while, but I surely don't like all the advertisement and the consumption hoopla.

0 Likes
Manscape1

Hello! I went to the grocery store and used the Lifescan program on two random products, a name brand cereal of a kind I would never buy and a store brand bag of potato chips.

The cereal was recognized and identified at one of the BIG BOX stores (the biggest) for less money....60 or 80 cents less....

The potato chips went unrecognized.

Before signing on to visit this forum I ran the Lifescan app on the LG G3 just to continue a frequent association with it....and it seems to insist that I log on with "Facebook" if I want to continue with the "rewards points".....I'm not pleased about associating the app with my FB account....

We'll see how it goes from here.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Manscape1

Hi I'm glad you found an app you liked better. I will lift your feedback up to our leadership. Unfortunately we can't answer why an app was choosen over another. We do appreciate your comments and hope you continue with the bar code scanner that best fits your needs.

JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Manscape1

Hello Joel,

I didn't find an app I liked better. I'm just giving the "Lifescan" app a chance for a while.

Presently, I have only a small idea what range of benefits a scanning program can provide, yet the invention itself is fascinating.

Manny

0 Likes