Why aren't my contacts syncing with backup assistant?
WIN1

I have contacts sync'd with my Company Exchange that I've used on my Verizon phones for years.

Now I am trying to use the Verizon Cloud Backup Assistant and it says only 8 of my 163 contacts are backed up/sync'd.

After panic, I confirmed that my phone book on my HTC Droid still everyone in there (thankfully!).

When I log onto the web interface thru My Verizon only those 8 contacts are in my backup list.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Backup Assistant: Contacts not all syncing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi wschumac - Let's get your contacts synced! The iPhone will only sync emails with your Google account. Are the missing contacts only in your Gmail contacts on previous phone? Have you checked for missing contacts online at vzw.com/myverizon in the Backup Assistant Trash folder?

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Backup Assistant only will backup contacts saved as Phone only contacts. Any of the other accounts, Gmail, corporate exchange, are synced through those servers and Verizon Wireless servers.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

You are much better off NOT using Backup Assistant as it rarely does include all of your contacts, and if it does, it usually jumbles the numbers around a bit, or drops them off all together. You are much better off setting all of your contacts to Google Contacts and letting them back up to Google.  It is much faster, much more reliable and accurate as well.

0 Likes
wschumac

I wonder, will the Google technique work if I'm trying to transfer contacts from Android to iPhone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi wschumac - Let's get your contacts synced! The iPhone will only sync emails with your Google account. Are the missing contacts only in your Gmail contacts on previous phone? Have you checked for missing contacts online at vzw.com/myverizon in the Backup Assistant Trash folder?

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes