Why doesn't ##########@vtext.com work anymore?
AJ212
Enthusiast - Level 2

I used to be able to send text from my email to my phone by entering the phonenumber@vtext.com.

But not anymore.  According to Verizon's vtext.com page, you should be able to do this:

Text to mobile phone from E-mail, send and receive text messages from any email address in the world by addressing the email to your 10 digit mobile number, number@vtext.com, or your customnickname@vtext.com.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why doesn't ##########@vtext.com work anymore?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I haven't had any issues doing this; are you getting an error message, they just don't go through, what?

0 Likes
AJ212
Enthusiast - Level 2

They don't go through anymore.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You haven't added a block to your line regarding texting from the web, have you?  That's the only thing I can think of.  I just tried it since it had been awhile since I'd sent one, and I had no trouble sending a text to myself from my e-mail. 

0 Likes
AJ212
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not sure how you would block it. If I knew how, I'd check. Thanks.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you don't know how to check about the block, then I doubt that you've set it up.    Here's how, if you need it:

click on the blue More Actions (under I Want To)

click on the blue Block Internet Spam (under Safety & Security)

at the top of the page, choose line/phone, if applicable

at the bottom of the page, ensure that both check boxes are unchecked under Message Blocking Preferences

0 Likes
AJ212
Enthusiast - Level 2

They are not checked. Guess I'll go to the store later. 

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Good luck.  The only other thing I can think of is if you're sending photo texts; if so, then you need to use vzwpix.com rather than vtext.com

0 Likes
AJ212
Enthusiast - Level 2

It works if I send a picture to vzwpix.com, but not vtext.com.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I may be misunderstanding you ... you send a picture message to vzwpix.com and it goes through?  Wahoo, it's working as it should!

If you send a picture message to vtext.com, it doesn't go through?  Well, it's not supposed to ... you can't send picture messages to vtext.com

Or are you saying that you still cannot send a text message (with no attachments) to vtext.com?