Re: Why doesn't ##########@vtext.com work anymore?
AJ212
Enthusiast - Level 2

text only to vtext.com - not working

picture to vzwpix.com - working

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

then ... if it were me (and assuming that you have a text plan), I'd just send all texts to vzwpix.com and not worry about it  

0 Likes
Re: Why doesn't ##########@vtext.com not work anymore?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AJ212,

Whoa! Text messages are very important, so lets get this resolved! Are you receiving any error messages? What device? Sometimes these messages are sent as attachments, try sending an email message to 2345678900@vzwpix.com. Try sending the email message with "1" for example 12345678900@vtext.com to see if the messages goes through. Keep me posted if either one wgorks please.  Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Pamelaf_vzw
Tweet us @ vzwsupport

0 Likes
DavidEBoos

Hi tikibar1, I had the same issue AJ121 had. However, I was able to follow your instructions and now mine is now working. Thanks for posting these instructions.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome!  Glad they helped. 

0 Likes
John_A_G

Similar problem.  I used to send pictures and tones to my cell phone using the @vzwpix.com account.  Haven't sent anything in last 2 months or so.  I just got a new iphone and I'm trying to send some photos to the phone.  If I use the @vzwpix.com account (either with or without a leading "1") - nothing gets to the phone.  If I send an email to VTEXT.COM account then text comes through but any attached file gets removed.

0 Likes
John_A_G

found the answer in other research.  I have cellular data turned OFF so I use wifi.  But you need it turned ON to get picture messages.  I turned it on and all my "test" messages came through.  Kind of unfortunate that picture messages require cellular data to be turned on - which in turn causes your apps to use that data instead of wi-fi.

0 Likes
SandiR

I use Vtext often to communicate with kids. It still works with Verizon customers but now fails with non-Verizon customers - see below. Did Vtext stop working with phones on other carriers? You can use Gmail's SMS messaging as an alternative.

I get the following message:

Error: Invalid user address

Error message below:

550 - Requested action not taken: no such user here

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi SandiR,

Vtext is an amazing feature! I use it always too! I just tested with a non-verizon user and I works perfectly. Please go to http://vtext.com and click the sign in button link.

Antonio_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
mightythor

I was just having trouble with vtext bouncing with a "permanent error".  I am sending through earthlink's webmail.  Some (accidental) experimentation showed me that sometimes when I copy and paste a message from MS Word, with rich text turned on in the earthlink message editor, I get this sort of bounce.  I am not certain what the deciding factor is, but I can get the message to go through by sending with plain text instead of rich.  Maybe text can't handle the formatting.

MT

0 Likes