WiFi location app (to find AP's)
txbikerdude

ok so at work today I needed to find all 8 AP's at a customer site. they did not have a network diag.. lol

so i started wondering, is there an app that will lock onto a WAP and direct me to it or near it?

0 Likes
Re: WiFi location app (to find AP's)
Wildman
Legend

I think I seen a commercial for Google Goggles showing a 3d map that point to location of network access points to allow user to locate location but I never really seen this in the app, not sure if that was a test build for a specific device...

Im almost sure there is something like this but cant think of a app to suggest..  Have you tried Googling... There is plenty to identify neworks but direct you to a spacific one I am not sure...

Try Wifi Tracker... https://market.android.com/details?id=org.prowl.wifiscanner&feature=search_result

0 Likes
jmccoy70
Contributor - Level 2

WiFi Analyzer lists the available APIs an Graphs their Strength.

I think there is something calle "Net Stumbler" that does something like that as well.

0 Likes
jmccoy70
Contributor - Level 2

Yes I know there are typos and omissions in my post above.  Apparently I do not have the necessay permissions to edit my own Post. \Sorry about that.:smileysad:

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

jmccoy70 wrote:

Yes I know there are typos and omissions in my post above.  Apparently I do not have the necessay permissions to edit my own Post. \Sorry about that.:smileysad:

The forum only give you about a hour to edit a post before it locks access..

0 Likes