With friends like these, you don't need enemies...you need an Ally! And it's the first Android device from LG, the LG Ally!
Mark_VZW
Enthusiast - Level 2

LG Ally™ Mobile PhoneIf you love the Android platform and are looking for stylish design then the LG Ally is for you. Your ally in hand – You love to customize. You love to be organized. The LG Ally is in your corner to make it happen. With five customizable home screens that include shortcuts to text messages, e-mail, apps, favorite social networking sites, and widgets, the LG Ally will truly be your ally when it comes to quickly and easily finding the information that’s important to you!

Social central – Want to tweet about a great new restaurant? You can. Looking to share pictures of your weekend trip as it happens? It’s possible. With instant access to your favorite social media hubs such as Twitter, MySpace, and Facebook®, the LG Ally will fill all your social cravings.

Location aware – Trying to get to the new Italian restaurant everyone has been raving about? Got lost looking for the best shopping in the city your visiting? The LG Ally has you covered. Featuring S-GPS support, the LG Ally provides you with enhanced location accuracy not to mention turn-by-turn directions from Google Maps™.  So no matter if you’re in your hometown or a bustling city, you’ll know where you’ve been, where you are, and where you’re going.

Pre-order it today http://phones.verizonwireless.com/lg/ally/

0 Likes
Re: With friends like these, you don't need enemies...you need an Ally! And it's the first Android
gainesville
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mark (and VZW),

You do a great job in the forum here marketing and pushing phones all the while ignoring real concerns being voiced here every day by loyal VZW customers. I.E. Why the hold up in shipping of the Incredible? There are MANY posts here (mine included) referencing that fact that VZW reps are shoveling out all sorts of explanations as to the delay in shipping the phones. for instance, the flood in TN and Samsung are two big ones. A few of us have even been told by VZW reps that the Incredible IS available to ship, only to order it and find out that isn't the case. THAT really makes you guys look bad.

If you are going to come into a user forum and hawk yet another unavailable phone, at least address a few of the existing issues.

0 Likes
Re: With friends like these, you don't need enemies...you need an Ally! And it's the first Android
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Good!! It's nice to see LG finely coming with an Android phone. 

0 Likes
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2
Hey Mark, you may want to re-word the title. It sounds like you don't need enemies because your friends take their place.
0 Likes
Texascat2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thus the last line of Mark's post, PRE-ORDER!

0 Likes
gainesville
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yeah, give us your money now and you might get a phone in a month......or two.....or three... As long as TN doesnt flood again, and Smasung gets right on those screens, and............

0 Likes
bigpapa7272

That better not be the case I preordered my ally on early friday morning of 5/14. my accessories will be here before the phone.  I might not get my new phone til monday or tesday next week.

i talked to verizon customer service and they wont start SHIPPING the preorder's til thursday(street date).  Pretty sad they cant have their  act together and get the preorders shipped out on wednesday so they arrive on the street date.

verizon is the only one i know that does this anywhere else youu preorder something they make sure they get the item DELIVERED to you on the street date.

0 Likes
RavenMad

Are you kidding me,

Got the message today, 26th release date and 27th delivery date. You would think that if a large company set a release date with pre-orders being taken, they would already have the devices ready to send before that date. Now Verizon has changed their dates and made some unhappy consumers.

I for one had to change my plan from the national premium to the national plan with a data package just to order Ally. Now instead of not having access to all the options on the premium plan in exchange for a Android phone in 5 days, that will be able to do more then what could be done with my LG Dare. I am now without the services I have come to rely on from Verizon for almost 2 weeks or more.

So someone at Verizon messed up, now the we have to suffer and of course no one at customer service will give you a straight answer or offer a way to resolve any issues with the delay. Way to drop the ball.

0 Likes
RavenMad

How do you like these apples,

No LG Ally in sight, or maybe on the 27th or later, Received all my Accessories on the 21st. What if it takes longer for the Ally to come out and I decide to counsel and get something else? I have to pay a restock fee and buy new accessories for that phone. Hopefully the Ally will be out on it's on time late date and not a on time much later date.

Way to go Verizon.

0 Likes
grundy

So how many people do you want to upset with empty promises Verizon? Incredible, and now this?!?! Really guys; pull it together! Give your customers something for the mistake. Free car charger? Anything for the huge pain in the arss? Nope! Just an email that resembled a middle finger.I hope I get mine on the 27th. If I'm waiting till the 4th I will reconsider doing business with a company that can't figure out how to launch new product.

0 Likes