Yahoo Email On Droid
Ghees_Mail

I noticed when I troed to add my yahoo email account to the Droid I always get the message that I have entered an invalid name or password and I tried it several times. I also see it says that some yahoo email cannot work with the droid. Well I have the basic free yahoo so I am not understanding which yahoo accounts will and will not work on the Droid, Anyone know anything about this? Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Yahoo Email On Droid
gmack35
Enthusiast - Level 3

had the same problem with my yahoo mail, even after following the manual setup directions from other sites. finally got it to work by turning off the wifi first, as suggested in another forum:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f169/normal-yahoo-mail-does-work-droid-here-s-how-358339/

Go to manual setup > IMAP account and change to these settings....

Imap server - imap.mail.yahoo.com

(SMTP server will be on the next page)

SMTP Server- smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE WIFI DISABLED

View solution in original post

0 Likes
gmack35
Enthusiast - Level 3

had the same problem with my yahoo mail, even after following the manual setup directions from other sites. finally got it to work by turning off the wifi first, as suggested in another forum:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f169/normal-yahoo-mail-does-work-droid-here-s-how-358339/

Go to manual setup > IMAP account and change to these settings....

Imap server - imap.mail.yahoo.com

(SMTP server will be on the next page)

SMTP Server- smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE WIFI DISABLED

0 Likes
Ghees_Mail

Thanks so much. That worked like a charm.

0 Likes
tob1234

This also worked for me; I too had to turn off wi-fi. I tried it several times before I turned off the wi-fi and I wouldn't work. I turned the wi-fi off and it still wouldn't work the first 4 times I tried it. I finally made sure the wi-fi was off then I turned the phone off and back on. When the phone came back on I tired it again and it completed the process with no problem.

0 Likes
djrun33

I've setup my yahoo mail account this way, and mail is coming in, but even after I read it, a few minutes later it is back marked as unread.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
tylerldt

Thanks!!!  Works perfectly!

0 Likes
Androidatic
Enthusiast - Level 3

tob1234 wrote:

This also worked for me; I too had to turn off wi-fi. I tried it several times before I turned off the wi-fi and I wouldn't work. I turned the wi-fi off and it still wouldn't work the first 4 times I tried it. I finally made sure the wi-fi was off then I turned the phone off and back on. When the phone came back on I tired it again and it completed the process with no problem.

This happened to me too. I had to power down the phone and then power it back up.  As soon as i did that, I was able to get it set-up.

Thnaks!

0 Likes
Laytimator

This process didn't work for me.  It says my user name or password is wrong, but I've done it numerous times and I know they're correct.

0 Likes
Laytimator

I'm not getting to the SMTP option because I get the error after inputting the IMAP server name. Am I the only one?

0 Likes
AFguy
Contributor - Level 2

Yea, I tried over and over at setting up my yahoo email on my Droid and kept getting "Invalid username/password"  and I tried with and without @yahoo.com.  I finally gave up and called yahoo tech support and what I put in my above post was what they told me.  This was on Monday of this week.  Unless people are finding other ways to setup their yahoo mail on their droid, yahoo said I had to upgrade to the Plus account.  Needless to say, I was bummed out cuz I have used my yahoo email for over 15 years.

0 Likes