YouTube app won't work on my Eris anymore
homerchuck
Enthusiast - Level 1

My YouTube app is no longer working on my Eris. I just get a message that the video cannot be played. It seems to have gone haywire about the time the recent update to the software was sent out. I called them Verizon tech support who seemed unaware of any general problem. However, after I looked at a formum on YouTube, I discovered this appears to be a widespread Android problem, especially with Eris, Hero, etc.. I am not sure it is related to the software update. What is the problem? Is anybody trying to fix it? The only way I am able to use YouTube is to simply open the browser and go to YouTube. However, it's not as easy and you don't get high definition that way.

0 Likes
Re: YouTube app won't work on my Eris anymore
crunchbot

ive got this problem too. its really frustrating as videos that I am almost sure that I watched recently without issue are no longer available, and ones that do work no longer work in HD. Im not sure what the deal is. I haven't seen this issue posted on any other forums.

0 Likes
Re: YouTube app won't work on my Eris anymore
crunchbot

I noticed that it was fixed if I was connected to Wifi, which was suggested on the Phandroid.com forums. However, multiple users across multiple devices and carriers are all reporting the same issues when trying to connect over the mobile web versions of youtube so its likely a problem on their end. Hopefully?

0 Likes