kenyu73 wrote:

Most used

* Flixster (movies)

* Pandora

Coolest

* Google Sky Map

* Shazam

Upcoming Hit

* QuickDesk (beta) - Allows you to stop/start mp3s, or other things without switching apps!

Great suggestions!  I will look into the QuickDesk.  Seems like a good idea!  :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
Re: Your 2 Favorite Droid Apps
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
Somebody in this thread reminded me that I forgot to list useless apps. Task killers. Unnecessary and can potentially make matters worse. There are a lot better ways to improve battery life like turning off gps and bluetooth when not using them.
0 Likes
reallyniceguy
Contributor - Level 3
Try helix home screen, it increases the home screens you have up to 7. Without hacking into the phone.
0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

demmo86rt wrote:
Somebody in this thread reminded me that I forgot to list useless apps. Task killers. Unnecessary and can potentially make matters worse. There are a lot better ways to improve battery life like turning off gps and bluetooth when not using them.

Taskkillers still have a purpose. I don't use them to "autokill" or kill apps in the background, that's just looking for trouble.

I DO use them for bad apps that, for whatever reason, peg your CPU... or for games that still run in the backgroud and tick away at the CPU. If you use OSMonitor, you can see them hit the CPU every few seconds.. 1%.. 2%... 0%...1%...etc...

Speaking of which

Here is a great tool...

* OSMonitor - its basically like WIndows Task Manager, but better.

0 Likes
nevertastedlips

My favorite Android apps:

1.) FunMail -- Lets you type in the text message you want and then goes through a database to choose a relevant (and often random/hilarious) photo to accompany the message

2.) FxCamera -- Multiple photo-taking options such as ToyCam (good color effects), Polandroid (puts it in Polaroid frame), Fisheye, SymmetriCam, and Warhol (four squares of the photo in bright colors)

3.) PostDroid -- Take a photo from your gallery, turn it into a real postcard and send it to any address.  The app is free, but the postcards do cost about $2 a piece.  WORTH IT...and I'm pretty cheap.  My family loves them, I send them out all the time.

0 Likes
Obiareus
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am still patiently(kinda...) waiting on my Dinc but i have been surfing AndrodLib for about 4 hours now and i picked up a couple things that i might download and a couple from you guys

RingDroid - Scroll Up

Spoof - Scroll Up

TiKL - (Push-to-talk) AWESOMENESS!

Easy Money - Gives you a budget program/Checkbook Register/Bill Reminder in one app

and the reviews thing is kinda what i was basing it on getting some Idea's

Ordered: 6/24 Est Ship Date: 7/22 Wanted: NOW!

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

my 3 favorites (i just couldn't leave off the 3rd):

pandora

appbrain (alternative to the market that i find MUCH more useful in searching for apps)

qik--near live streaming video. post to facebook, twitter, email, or just give your friends and fam your link on it's website. the BEST!

if you have young kids though, "kaleidoscope" is a MUST. both, my 10 year old and 3 year old will play with it for as long as i let them!!! 

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
I just installed a great new game, alchemy. You start with four basic elements, earth, air, fire and water. You then drag and drop to combine them and create new elements. There are currently 240 possible elements, so far I have 84. Simple yet addictive, I keep going back.
0 Likes
Your 2 Favorite Droid Apps
edman

Is there a droid app that is similar to Word Mobile like on a Pocket PC?

Ed

0 Likes
sharakarasic

Apps that I've seen mentioned a lot in Appolicious Android app lists are:

Shop Savvy:

This app will sell 1M Droid phones and save you more than $30/month for your data access. Go to any store, open Shop Savvy, and scan any bar code. Your phone will show you the price of the item at other local and online retailers. You can click through to local stores and get directions to run out of the store to get it cheaper elsewhere, or click through and instantly order it for MUCH less at Amazon.com, etc. A must have. Already saved $115 in four days shopping at Target, Best Buy, and WalMart on toys, electronics, and more.

Car Locator

Save your location when you park and Car Locator will help you locate and find it via GPS/built-in map. Yes, your wife will be thrilled! (And you will be, too, when that senior moment hits and you can find your car!)

Shara

http://www.appolicious.com/android/curated-apps/featured

0 Likes