apps from marketplace wont load
mudrunner80
Enthusiast - Level 2
When I find an apparently click download it shows its downloading for maybe 2 seconds then stops. Tried 3 different apps. None are loading
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: apps from marketplace wont load
mudrunner80
Enthusiast - Level 2
Im not sure What happened. But I tried loading again and it worked. Ty for your time and effort

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Try clearing the cache and data from the Market app.

Go to settings > applications > manage applications > scroll down to the Market app. Select it and press the clear cache button, the clear data button and press the force close button.

Go back to the Homescreen and open the Market app again. Accept the terms and conditions and search for the app you wanted to install and try to download the application again.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mudrunner80
Enthusiast - Level 2
There was no clear data. Just cache. Then tried to force close it did nothing. I went back in and had the 1.93? Back in the cache. Still wont download apps. Ugh
0 Likes
mudrunner80
Enthusiast - Level 2
Also I only had market or Market updates to chose. Only market had any cache. Cleared it then tried force close and nothing happened. Tried downloading apps again and nothing
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Hmmm. You are working with an active wifi connection or 3G connection?

What version of the Android Market is installed on your phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mudrunner80
Enthusiast - Level 2
3g and not sure what version. Samsung continuum is what I have
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
When you look at the application information with the clear cache and data button, it will also say what version of the application is installed. What does that say?

0 Likes
mudrunner80
Enthusiast - Level 2
Market version 2002306. Oh and no wifi sorry
0 Likes
mudrunner80
Enthusiast - Level 2
Im not sure What happened. But I tried loading again and it worked. Ty for your time and effort
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
That sounds like the current version. Android 2.1 (Eclair) lists their version numbers differently than Android 2.2 and higher.

Try this.
Go to settings > applications > manage applications > scroll down to the Market app. Select it and then press the Uninstall updates button. Agree to uninstall and go to the factory version. Reboot the phone. Once your phone is reloaded, open the Market app. Now you should have the terms and conditions message to accept again. Then try and download a application again.

0 Likes